Email notification when customer signs up to mailing list?

Will53
Visitor
2 0 1

Is it possible to get a notification that someone has signed-up?

I did a test sign-up this morning, and my name was added to the list, but there is no notification? Is the only way to know someone has signed up to the mailing list is to periodically check the customers area?

Replies 11 (11)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Will53!

Are you collecting customers' email addresses using your theme's built-in email subscription box? If so, Shopify's built-in customer list won't notify you if a new customer subscribes to your mailing list.

You can however, install a third-party app to your store in order to help you add this functionality to your Shopify admin. Examples of such apps are the Advanced Admin Email Alerts App, and the Notifications App. So you can take a look at those to see if they'll suit your needs. Just a note however that these apps are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

I definitely do see how being able to be notified of new subscribers is a useful option to have within our admin, so I will send this as a feature request to our developers. As we are constantly looking to improve our platform, perhaps this is something we can incorporate in the future. Please note that although I will be submitting this request, we are unable to track it as this is an internal process that our developer team oversees. However there is currently a public facing changelog here that you can check for new features that has been added to Shopify.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LoveOdette
Tourist
5 0 28

Here with another vote to PLEASE give us notifications when someone signs up for our newsletter. Thank you!

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Thanks for letting us know, @LoveOdette.

I'll pass on your feedback to our developers as well. For the time being though, the apps I linked in my initial reply are still a great workaround in order to allow you to receive notifications when a customer signs up to your mailing list.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tcumbie
Tourist
4 0 9

Whaaat?!! Why on earth can't you fix this? It's such a small thing to ask. A third party app?! I'm paying good money every month for this! Come on, Shopify! Get it done!

PattyD1
Visitor
1 0 1

I agree. A simple task that should be a given. 

kamau
Visitor
1 0 5

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised that Shopify has not addressed this already. Getting notified of new subscribers seems like one of the most basic needs any store owner would have, and I hope that the Shopify team can put some attention to this because I'm currently in this predicament too, and installing 3rd party apps to do simple functions is more confusing than it really should be

FaithT
Tourist
4 0 4

Agreed, please add notifications when someone subscribes. It's silly to add an app for this.

Qasim_Ali
Shopify Partner
6 1 9

Yes, you can notify yourself when new signup, without any 3rd party apps,
it's a little tweak. as the same as when a customer gets a welcome email when he signup.

you can use marketing automation to self-notify.
go to: marketing > automations then click "create automation"
select "custom marketing automation"
in this, you can choose as trigger: "customer created" and as action: "Send internal email"

Shopify Expert | Design & Development | Custom Coding
- Need my help! contact me at ecommercewisers@gmail.com or Upwork
tvgtour
Visitor
1 0 0

THIS! Thank you!

FaithT
Tourist
4 0 4

I found a solution. When you set up your welcome sequence, simply add an internal email to yourself letting you know that you have a new subscriber.

kjhvngbv.jpg

NikoKolev
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

Yeah ok! What about when a user/customer unsubscribes from the mailing list??? It's 2023..come on!