Solved

How can I fix an empty h1 tag on my home page?

Frimunt1
5 0 0

I run an seo plugin analizer and gave me as critical to fix an empty h1 tag on my home page. I have no knowledge of coding, and I don't want to mess up. I need help to find exactly where is the tag and how to fix the code so it doesn't show empty. Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

This is an accepted solution.

hi @Frimunt1,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Sections->header.liquid

Search in this file "logo"

go to header.liquid file and add <h1> tag to logo.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

Hello @Frimunt1,  

In almost each homepage section, you have the ability to assign (H1, H2 or H3) tag to the section header, you can for instance use the rich text section to give its header the H1 tag.

You can even add custom HTML under section custom content: Custom Html. I use this for an H1 and a H2 tag with words.

<h1 style="text-align#FF0000;">heading here</h1>
<h2 style="text-align#0069D2;">your heading</h2>

let me know if you have any additional question!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Frimunt1
5 0 0
Thank you for replying to my question.
I understand what you said, but I still need to locate in my store's
homepage the empty h1 tag.
The page is www.frimunt.com, could you please check the source code?
And once found how to go about it so it doesn't show empty anymore?
Please let me know.
Thanks again!
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

oscprofessional_0-1629959070452.png

You can make it as h1 from h2....

On which theme you are working with ?

Frimunt1
5 0 0
Hi again, sorry to bother you. But I need to find where the empty h1 tag
is. That is what I'm asking for help with. For what I was looking at in the
code, it seems that it's the logo. (remember I don't know anything about
coding, I'm playing by ear here) But I'm not sure, and I don't want to turn
it to h2 if I'm not sure, and also don't want the logo to change aspect or
size if I change it from h1 to h2, if it's the logo where the empty tag is.
Could you take a look at the code and let me know?
Thanks again for your help and time!
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

On which theme you are working with ?

Frimunt1
5 0 0

Hi again,

The Theme is Minimal.

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

This is an accepted solution.

hi @Frimunt1,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Sections->header.liquid

Search in this file "logo"

go to header.liquid file and add <h1> tag to logo.

Frimunt1
5 0 0

Ok. I will, Thanks!

Muratyildiz
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi @oscprofessional,

Already I followed your directions and I found the right code part but. I'm not sure, where should I be exactly where to paste the code? That is why I added a screenshot of what is it and I marked some places on the screenshot.

Could you have look please because I am not a developer and not feeling more confident about that?

Thanks.