ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECT error with my site

louischiu
4 0 0

I am not able to access my site thefancyaccessories.com and when I enter my site, this error shows up: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, I got my domain from Dynadot and I do think I have the correct settings, can anyone please help resolve the issue? Thanks!

Replies 15 (15)
Occitany
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Shopify team

Sometimes when I display a page of my site there is an error which lasts 1 or 2 seconds after I am well directed towards the page.
Sometimes it does it regularly. Sometimes not at all.

Can you help me solve this problem?

please see screeCapture d’écran 2020-05-31 à 20.40.15.pngnshot

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

@Occitany wrote:

Hello Shopify team

Sometimes when I display a page of my site there is an error which lasts 1 or 2 seconds after I am well directed towards the page.
Sometimes it does it regularly. Sometimes not at all.

Can you help me solve this problem?

please see screenshot
Capture d’écran 2020-05-31 à 20.40.15.png

Hi, @Occitany!

Sophia here from Shopify. How did you get to the page in your screenshot? Based on the URL and the tab to the left of it, this page looks like it was result of navigating to content from within the theme editor in the admin. Does the redirect error also appear when you're browsing directly on the website from a customer's perspective? If the issue persists directly from your website, I recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies and checking for updates as well. Let me know how that goes.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kattarias
1 0 0

Hello! I'm having issues with this subject as well. I changed my domain, enabled the redirection and I'm getting the same issue. I have cleared the browser data and did the DNS configuration. Still my primary custom domain says SSL PENDING, I don't know if it has something to do with that. Can you please help me? I will appreciate it very much.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

@kattarias wrote:

Hello! I'm having issues with this subject as well. I changed my domain, enabled the redirection and I'm getting the same issue. I have cleared the browser data and did the DNS configuration. Still my primary custom domain says SSL PENDING, I don't know if it has something to do with that. Can you please help me? I will appreciate it very much.

Hi, @kattarias!

I'm happy to help you out with this. Can you please confirm whether this is a domain you purchased from Shopify or whether you were following these steps to connect your existing domain to Shopify? While I won't be able to view your domain settings from this public space, we can use a tool like whatsmydns.net to confirm that the correct records are in place if you're able to share your domain here. 

It would also be helpful to know how long the SSL has been pending. It's expected to take up to 48 hours for the SSL certificate to be created after a custom domain is added to the admin. If it has been longer than 48 hours and no domain settings were adjusted during that time, please get in touch with our support team via the Shopify Help Center so we can take a closer look at the domain with you.

ThomasVrn
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello I see that your message is recent, I hope you will see mine! I currently have the same problem on 3 different shopify accounts. I am sure I have correctly connected the DNS. This problem is hell !!
Did you find the solution? Please help me: thomas.vrn34@gmail.com

Sophia
Shopify Staff
963 62 105

@ThomasVrn wrote:

Hello I see that your message is recent, I hope you will see mine! I currently have the same problem on 3 different shopify accounts. I am sure I have correctly connected the DNS. This problem is hell !!
Did you find the solution? Please help me: thomas.vrn34@gmail.com

Hi, @ThomasVrn!

I'm no longer able to send new emails out, but you can absolutely still get in touch with our team via email if that's what you prefer. Please contact us through the Shopify Help Center and we can take a look into each of the stores with you. Otherwise, I'm happy to continue helping you here, though I cannot see your store information so I'll need more details to help you troubleshoot.

Were the domains for each of the three accounts purchased from a third-party provider? And have you followed the steps to set up your existing domains to connect to Shopify?