Solved

ERROR MESSAGE: Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'sezzle-widget' is not a valid section type

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Hey guys,

I recently deleted Sezzle from my store and added after pay as a payment option and now i am having some issues.

1. im getting this message above the footer " Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'sezzle-widget' is not a valid section type  "

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.03.14 AM.png

2. Some items i am unable to add to the cart

3. My store has become very slow.

Accepted Solution (1)
Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

This is an accepted solution.

To solve the first issue you need to find the line {% section 'sezzle-widget' %} in your 'templates/product.liquid' template and remove it. Can you confirm that you have this line and when you remove it — the error message disappears. 

Liquid Ajax Cart — a Javascript library to build Shopify Ajax Carts using plain Liquid templates.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

Hey @Prem_Eswara 

Could you share your store URL please.

Liquid Ajax Cart — a Javascript library to build Shopify Ajax Carts using plain Liquid templates.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Perm_Eswara.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included the image of your online store as that is super helpful! Could you provide the online store URL and let us know which theme you are using? As this context will help us determine the next proper troubleshooting steps to have this cleared up. If you are unsure about which theme is live on your store, you can navigate to the Theme Editor and select the three dots that are located in the top left of the page. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

02-38-21962-52657

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Hey

My theme is block shop and my URL is www.freesdom-83.com

46648AC9-F5A8-40B0-AA2E-0967706C34E9.png

thanks 

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

This is an accepted solution.

To solve the first issue you need to find the line {% section 'sezzle-widget' %} in your 'templates/product.liquid' template and remove it. Can you confirm that you have this line and when you remove it — the error message disappears. 

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Thank you this worked and has removed the sezzle widget line at the product of the products page!

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

Which items you can't add to the cart?

Evgeniy-M
Shopify Partner
44 6 10

I believe it requires a debugging process with a developer, because I assume it is a Javascript error that should be found.