Error on checkout payment submissions

owencs
1 0 0

Hello, when I submit an order on my store I get the following response:

"Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Try again in a few minutes or use a different payment method."

What is the issue here?

Reply 1 (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 82 115

Hi, @owencs.

You can check your Abandoned checkouts for your order attempt to see if there's an error message that will explain the issue further. To do this, you can follow the instructions below:

1. On your Shopify admin, go to Orders > Abandoned checkouts
  2. Select your order, then scroll down to the order's History section and click on the line items to expand more information
  3. Check for an error code in regards to the failed payment attempt

If you've located an error code but aren't sure of what it means, you can reach out to our internal support team so that we can help clarify the error code for you. We aren't able to do this via the Community Forums at this stage, but you can reach out to our support team via our help centre here. Once you've logged in to your store on our help centre, type in your question or the topic you need help with. After that, you should see the Get Support heading at the very bottom of the page, and you can click Continue to start a support request. From there, our support team can assist you further.

Are you currently testing your store's checkout and payment gateway? If you are, feel free to go through the documents below to help you place a test order on your store:

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog