Exporting Images from the Settings > Files Library

BirdieGolden
Shopify Partner
50 1 10

Hi friends, we're migrating our website from one Shopify store to a developer sandbox and have successfully migrated the theme and products.

Unfortunately, NONE of the images (social icons, logos, lifestyle photos) came over, and there doesn't appear to be any way to download our images.

Is there a way to export our image library? Or do we need to literally go through each photo, one by one, and download them?

Thank you!

(Also, if the latter is the answer...SHOPIFY PLEASE FIX THIS)

Replies 38 (38)
garyrgilbert
Explorer
56 6 14

Hi,

I created a github gist so that the forum won't mess with the Javascript code.

https://gist.github.com/mubbo/81273206a2bad430b4bfc4f00f9d5e96

Cheers,

Gary

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
jillianashley
6 0 0

Thank you so much @garyrgilbert. I was able to download the images, but do you know if there is an excel version that can be downloaded for the image file names so I can add it to my product file import? Thank you again!

CynthiaESJ
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks so much @garyrgilbert! I used your code from github (and your info on adding the URL param for longer list of image files) and it all worked great!  

What a great help you have been, thanks for taking your time to help all of us!

cheers,

c-

garyrgilbert
Explorer
56 6 14

Hi @jillianashley,

no, I'm afraid not

MIPO
5 0 0

Do you happen to know what im doing wrong? Everything works until i have to save the images to disc. "Saving page as" only saves the html page with all the images to disc and not all the images. As I understood it I should be able to save all images in one go? Am I mistaken? Appreciate your help  

garyrgilbert
Explorer
56 6 14

Hi, 

If you more than one page of images in Shopify you will need to repeat it for each page.

Make sure when you save you are saving as complete web page otherwise it will only save the html without creating a directory for the images and other files.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Gary

Alexgvb
2 0 0

unfortunately, this is only for the current page. of course you may use the limit=250 in the URL but if you have more than 250 files, you have to use the pagination and rerun the code for every page. quite a pain if you have a lot of pages. 

PurpleMamba
Shopify Partner
105 2 11

@Alexgvb There is now a Files API for this. This workaround was only necessary before the Files API was released.

Michael_Dragich
Shopify Expert
66 1 19

Two workarounds listed in this thread.  One with another script approach the other with the app Matrixify.

ShopaFree.me ~ The World's Only Free Shopify Setup Service.