Why can't Shopify sync Facebook offers and product photos separately?

luxus
Visitor
2 0 0

5C08E858-17DF-4E83-B13B-3E71BCE5D1E7.jpeg

We have been dealing with an issue regarding the Facebook sales channel for about a month now and no one at shopify seems to understand. 

in Facebook commerce manager there is a section to create “offers” or “discounts”, previously we used to be able to make the offers/sales on Facebook and it be separate from shopify but now we cannot do that and instead get a message that says this…

“New offers must be created on Shopify and will be synced to your shop on Facebook and Instagram”

and then has a link under it that takes you to your shopify admin discounts page. 

So I could get over having to have the same sale on both but IT DOESNT WORK! We have lost thousands in sales because we can’t do a Facebook shop wide sale. 

Also PLEASE SYNC ALL THE PRODUCT PHOTOS… absolutely ridiculous that other apps created by much smaller businesses like CEDCommerce can sync all the photos for a product from shopify to Facebook but the actual shopify built app can’t… 

Replies 3 (3)

Hayleyee
Visitor
2 0 0

Im struggling with this too! Have you got it working ?

kristen_SF
4 0 0

I am also having the same issue. Been emailing with meta support DAILY and they keep asking for screen recordings. When I try to sync offers manually as per their direction in Commerce manager- it just freezes. Now they had me UNCHECK the box in shopify discounts for FB/IG sales channel and try the sync again- still doesnt work. So frustrating! I asked for a call as its been a week of daily emails- primarily with nonsense suggestions that make me keep proving that they aren't syncing. Ill post if I get a solve. Would love to know if anyone else has resolved this!

kristen_SF
4 0 0

Also- for syncing multiple images I used a supplementary feed called FLEXIFY and it worked well! But agree its ridiculous all the extra steps required to support all images from the built in app for Shopify