Facebook Domain Verification

jupitersgems
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my domain on Facebook. I am not sure where to put this code: <meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="kbdaohnqapb5q9m29dz0m34umvl3iv" />

It says to put the code in the head section of my home page but I am not familiar with JavaScript. I've attached a photo of the directions. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 2.21.20 PM.png

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 53 52

Hey, @jupitersgems!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It’s great to hear you are wanting to verify your domain, it is a step towards ensuring that only verified owners can edit the way their content appears on Facebook.

To verify your domain with Facebook, you will need to add a meta tag to the <head> section of your domain home page. This requires you to add a code snippet from Facebook into your theme.liquid file. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the steps below:

1) Head to your online store > themes then open the code editor for your current theme

21-08-2zcko-v5kyo

2) Open the Layout folder

21-08-ndk0v-u3uk7

3) Open theme.liquid

21-08-z8x1n-ienfk

4) In this file search for a </head> and put your code above this tag:

21-08-kfl1n-qehcw

5) Don't forget to hit save. Verification can take up to 24 hours.

Follow these step by step guides below for further guidance:

Important Coding Reminders:

• If you make changes to the original code and save the changes, you will not be able to revert back. We always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version.

• If you make changes to the original code in a theme and update your theme to a newer version in the future it will override past changes.

• If you need custom changes but would prefer the help of a developer we recommend Shopify's own Expert Marketplace.

• If you've changed theme files and need to revert them, you can roll back .liquid files individually to a time and date before you made the changes.

Shopify Resources:

By the way, your website looks really great! Jewelry products are really great to build a brand with. I definitely recommend using social media for marketing your products. We have a fantastic guide on how to post regularly on social media right here. Social media is such an important part of growing your business which then leads to sales. Most followers that engage frequently with posts will likely become loyal customers in the long run.

Have you tried out any marketing techniques so far? I’d highly recommend looking into Facebook Blueprint where you can discover online learning courses, training programs, and certifications that can help you get the most out of Facebook marketing platforms.

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Cheers,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MoeG
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi,

I would like to thank you @Moira for the solution posted.

I just wanna share what I experienced and how I resolved the issue so maybe someone can find this information useful:

I had a similar issue and I could not find the "</head>" as some developer have removed it from my theme.liquid file. I tried to type it in but then add the facebook meta tag but that did not work. The problem was resolved when I locked my store with a password; then I added the facebook tag to the password.liquid file and that resolved the issue I had with FB domain verification.

Thanks,
Muhanned

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 53 52

Hi @MoeG,

That's fantastic to hear, I am glad you were able to resolve the issue! Thank you for sharing your solution for others who may come across this thread.

Don't forget you can ask us anything anytime here or through our live support.

All the best,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes