Facebook pixel apparently installed on 2 websites, but they're the same website

notme2
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi there, I've spoken with shopify live chat, as well as facebook live chat, and they both say it's beyond their scope, or to talk to the other, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me?

I had my facebook pixel installed on my shopify store, everything was good, and Events Manager said that it was installed on 1 website. But all of a sudden, without me doing anything, now it's saying there's 2 websites with my pixel installed. It was initially installed on my primary domain (which is the one I want), but now also on [my store].myshopfy.com (which is the same website just with the .myshopify domain). I'm really worried that it's going to mess up my events reporting, as I just had to use a new pixel because my old one kept giving me deduplication errors that neither facebook nor shopify could help me with.

I'm also being asked to verify the .myshopify.com domain, which I haven't done as I don't want anything else to get messed up. My primary domain is verified though.

If anyone could help me it really would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Replies 6 (6)

burton86
Excursionist
13 0 12

Sorry, can't help you either. Just here to vent my frustration at the shitty integration by Facebook. This has been going on for months and it's still a buggy nightmare which, along with iOS14, has killed our ROAS. Nothing works. Neither the official FB app nor unofficial 3rd party pixel/CAPI apps.

notme2
Tourist
11 0 2

Yep, it's very frustrating.  No support anywhere.

burton86
Excursionist
13 0 12

Just posting this in case it helps you ...

After months of struggle we solved our deduplication issues by just doing the following:
Disconnect the Pixel in the Facebook App. Reconnect it. Ignore the second domain ([yourshop].myshopify.com). That's it!

notme2
Tourist
11 0 2

Thanks a lot for the update, that means a lot.  I think I did try that a couple times but didn't have much luck.  In the end I just ended up using a new pixel.  Did you also have the .myshopify domain connected as well?  We can just ignore that one then, it won't conflict with the primary domain?

burton86
Excursionist
13 0 12

Yes, we also have the verification of our ...myshopify.com domain on our todo-list in the business manager, but so far I see no negative effects from ignoring that.

notme2
Tourist
11 0 2

Perfect, thanks a lot. I was wondering whether to verify that one or not, but left it.