Failed to transfer domain from WIX message

sujin
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi there, 

I want to transfer domain from WIX (I currently already have a site with shopify which I have been redirecting to wix domain for a year but now wanting to transfer it to shopify completely). I've received the authorisation code to transfer from wix etc., the site was unlocked but at the end it comes up with a failed to transfer message saying to check with the provider? 

I've tried it three times now and now it's taken three payments but still no sign of a transfer.

I've contacted WIX but they cannot seem to help. 

Could someone help with this issue? Thank you so much,

Sujin

Reply 1 (1)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1389 131 207

Hi, @sujin.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention!

I understand that you're getting an error message that your domain transfer has failed. While I also understand that you've already got an AUTH code, it is possible that your domain is still locked. Can you confirm if WIX has unlocked your domain for transfer?

It's important to note that most domain providers do not allow transferring of domains within 90-days of purchase. However, you've mentioned that you've had this domain for a year now, so this shouldn't be a problem. If you've confirmed that your domain is unlocked, then it looks like we'll need to take a closer look at your account in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. This way, we can also take a closer look at the charges. 

Also, did you follow the steps from our guide, Transferring a third-party domain to Shopify

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog