Solved

Fake account registrations

archro
Visitor
2 0 0

Someone/a bot keeps creating accounts almost daily using obviously fake names with what appears to be  legitimate email addresses but I don't know how.

I've already removed the "Create Account" link from my site.

I've already removed the form to create an account from my "account/register" page. The page is literally blank but based on my analytics, they're still landing on that page and somehow still creating one even without a form.

Google reCAPTCHA has always been on.

Does anyone have any idea how they're still able to create an account and how they can be stopped? They're not adding anything to the cart and creating an account through checkout. It's such a waste of time having to manually delete them from Shopify and Klaviyo and I'm truly stumped at this point.

I use the Minimal theme.

Accepted Solution (1)

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
6993 1323 1349

This is an accepted solution.

You can try to change the way customer can login to their account in store admin > Settings > Customer accounts and check if it can solve it.Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 09.41.10.png

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution, - Coffee Tips or Paypal Tips
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Create Image Lookbook, Photo Gallery with product hotspots
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
6993 1323 1349

This is an accepted solution.

You can try to change the way customer can login to their account in store admin > Settings > Customer accounts and check if it can solve it.Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 09.41.10.png

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution, - Coffee Tips or Paypal Tips
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Create Image Lookbook, Photo Gallery with product hotspots
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

archro
Visitor
2 0 0

That seems to have resolved it! Thank you!