Solved

following image IDs do not exist

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi.  I am new to Shopify.  When adding a product manually to my website (using Dawn theme)  i got this message:

There is 1 error with this product:

• The following image IDs do not exist or do not belong to the product: 28389935448115,28389928927283

Can anyone tell me what it means and how to fix it?  And how to identify the item associated with the numbers?

Many thanks  

Accepted Solution (1)

ianjh
Excursionist
17 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

I had this problem and worked out it was caused by product images that were copied when I duplicated a product. Once I removed or replaced those product images, this fixed the problem

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

ianjh
Excursionist
17 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

I had this problem and worked out it was caused by product images that were copied when I duplicated a product. Once I removed or replaced those product images, this fixed the problem

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 3

Thank you, I appreciate your response.  I will try to replace the pics.

Hjw2009
Visitor
1 0 1

I tried this but sadly it refused to work please help!

KateG142
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi! I know it's an old post, but faced this issue today. It was when I replaced pics on a product, using compressed files for lower size. I have size as a variant on this product and each size (S-M-L) was associated with a picture of the product's collection. When replaced the pics, there was one still showing on sizes, but was removed from the collection (by me). So this was the error coming from. It took me a while to figure out, because with the numbers it's hard to identify the pic. I replaced the old pic on size with one of the recently added. This solved the issue.

The right time is now.
Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 3

Hello Kate

Thanks for picking this up and offering your experience. It all helps!

Regards

sue 

friendoftheroot
Shopify Partner
45 4 7

The true reason is that when you uploaded images those got an ID for internal references to that ressource. You attached that ID to provide individual variants with their featured image.
When you deleted the images without deattaching those IDs from the variants this is exactly where this error showed up: "The following image IDs do not exist or do not belong to the product"

You need to unattach those IDs.

kyrellrissler
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

how do you replace this ids? i deleted all the pictures, but it still throws the code

sondreskskfsghj
Tourist
41 0 2

I had the same issue. For me i didn't have a image on the different variants. once i uploaded a picture to the variants it worked

Relaxacia
Tourist
3 0 2

What's the process for unattaching the IDs?

hambie
Visitor
1 0 0

I also need help with the process for unattaching the IDs! Please help.

raecolaheni
Visitor
1 0 0

I just had the same issue and once I made sure each variant had a different photo, it resolved the issue. 

Relaxacia
Tourist
3 0 2

You manually added the images? 

kyrellrissler
Shopify Partner
9 0 1
i was able to fix the issue, i had to add photos onto the listing for it to
go away.
i had deleted all the photos at first, but then it still threw the error
code, till i added images