Forwarded my domain - when type in my own domain name - says ERROR - this site is not safe

DeanInTheSun
2 0 1

Forwarded my domain - when type in my own domain name - says ERROR - this site is not safe.   securitysealsdirect.com is my website that I forwarded - type it in - see if get same warning error message about being safe to go or not.    I know shopify has SSL - why did I get that error when it should just go to my store which is https://securtiy-seals-direct.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2942 382 591

@DeanInTheSun 

The domain securitysealsdirect.com is not currently pointed to Shopify's IP (23.227.38.65). Until it is, the domain won't successfully redirect your traffic to your Shopify store. If you have made the necessary changes to the DNS records in your domain manager, then it can take up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect. Once they have, you should be able to add the domain to Online Store/Domains. From there, the SSL certificate will be applied within 24 hours which should resolve this issue. More information on connecting a third-party domain to Shopify can be found here. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
DeanInTheSun
2 0 1
Domain is forwarded - did not want to transfer the domain - seems to be working better now.