Get rid of HTML text above announcement bar in Shopify store

maliagibson
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, how do I get rid of this HTML code above my announcement bar of magicisla.com? I've tried everything but can't figure it out. I also have a few friends that have Shopify stores and the text appears above their announcement bars as well.

maliagibson_1-1702402212218.png

Here's the full HTML code in text format:

"); } else { win._boomrl = function() { bootstrap(); }; if (win.addEventListener) { win.addEventListener("load", win._boomrl, false); } else if (win.attachEvent) { win.attachEvent("onload", win._boomrl); } } doc.close(); } var link = document.createElement("link"); if (link.relList && typeof link.relList.supports === "function" && link.relList.supports("preload") && ("as" in link)) { window.BOOMR.snippetMethod = "p"; link.href = window.BOOMR.url; link.rel = "preload"; link.as = "script"; link.addEventListener("load", promote); link.addEventListener("error", function() { iframeLoader(true); }); setTimeout(function() { if (!promoted) { iframeLoader(true); } }, LOADER_TIMEOUT); BOOMR_lstart = new Date().getTime(); parentNode.appendChild(link); } else { iframeLoader(false); } function boomerangSaveLoadTime(e) { window.BOOMR_onload = (e && e.timeStamp) || new Date().getTime(); } if (window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", boomerangSaveLoadTime, false); } else if (window.attachEvent) { window.attachEvent("onload", boomerangSaveLoadTime); } if (document.addEventListener) { document.addEventListener("onBoomerangLoaded", function(e) { e.detail.BOOMR.init({ ResourceTiming: { enabled: true, trackedResourceTypes: ["script", "img", "css"] }, }); e.detail.BOOMR.t_end = new Date().getTime(); }); } else if (document.attachEvent) { document.attachEvent("onpropertychange", function(e) { if (!e) e=event; if (e.propertyName === "onBoomerangLoaded") { e.detail.BOOMR.init({ ResourceTiming: { enabled: true, trackedResourceTypes: ["script", "img", "css"] }, }); e.detail.BOOMR.t_end = new Date().getTime(); } }); } })();

Replies 6 (6)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1130 123 288

That looks like coding you probably added to your theme in the wrong place -- or else you tried editing the theme's coding and broke it. You'd need to revert your coding changes, or else install a fresh version of the theme (and set it up again). 

If the coding still shows on a fresh version of the theme, then it's being generated from an app you're using. In that case, you'd need to contact the support team that runs the app, or else remove the app. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca

maliagibson
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there! I actually didn't mess with the code. Do you know which app might be causing this?

maliagibson
Visitor
3 0 0

Also, I've seen this on over 20 shopify stores today. Here's an example: https://smileycookie.com

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1310

You failed to provide a storefront password always keep other people in mind need to be able to access a thing to analyze a thing.

Go contact a shopify advisor directly help.shopify.com

That looks like shopify boomerang javascript rendered by content_for_header is in turn being treated as text. Either because the theme has bad html, the boomerang js has some error, or another app immediatly before it in content_for_header's output has some error.

Also try validating the theme https://validator.w3.org/ , or a theme rollback to check for better behaving code.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1130 123 288

I just checked out that site and I'm not seeing a bunch of code at the top. 

smiley cookie.png

I wouldn't be able to guess at which app is causing the issue without seeing the live version of your store (would need a URL, and storefront password if you have one set). 

However, I still think this is a coding issue within your theme, rather than an app issue -- just based on the placement of it from within your screenshot. 

I'd try adding a fresh version of the theme (or a different theme entirely) and seeing if the issue still shows/happens.

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4050 903 1556

Hi @maliagibson 

This is Richard from PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App

Please check your theme code syntax in the theme.liquid to make sure those code are placed in the correct script tag.

If you are not sure about what changes caused that, you can also revert the history of the theme code too.

And you can try to disable some app in Shopify Cutomize > app extension.

Hope this can help you solve the issue 

Best regards,

Richard | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.