Getting on the Shopify "allowed bots" list

Getting on the Shopify "allowed bots" list

rasras
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, I work for a company that crawls our customers' websites in order to identify issues related to broken links, accessibility, SEO and more. Some of our customers have Shopify-hosted sites and we recently observed that we're being severely rate limited when crawling Shopify domains. I've been trying to reach out to Shopify through multiple channels to see if we could get on an "allowed" list of bots (meaning we want our crawler IP whitelisted) but so far to no avail. Does anyone know how to reach out to a department at Shopify who can help with this?

Thank you.

Replies 2 (2)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1725 146 310

Hi, @rasras!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I was happy to do some research into this for you and there are no official channels or recommended methods for what you are looking to do at this time.

With that being said, Shopify is a proud supporter of a large developer community and we may be able to offer guidance for any plug-ins or apps through our Partner Community. I recommend creating your free Partner Account if you haven't already to get in touch with our dedicated Partner Support team.

Once your account is set up you will find contact options for support in your Partner Dashboard where you can create a ticket with your questions and describe these needs. I trust they will be able to offer further insight.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

c_agin
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@rasras - please tell me you're from Jet Octopus or Screaming Frog!!! I'm here trying to find a solution myself lol