Gift ship datepicker issues

fordtough68
3 0 0

Hi, this is my first time using this forum and also my first time using the shopify website builder as well. I've used others, so I'm familiar with how it works in general, just not specifics. 

My issue is that we are using the gift ship date picker app which seems to work well, however if someone chooses the buy now button on a product, it takes them directly to the checkout page instead of the cart which defaults to free pickup and the customer doesn't get charged the shipping fee. As I'm sure you can understand, calling customers to tell them it will be additional cost after they check out doesn't go well. I'd like to be able to possibly force every transaction to go to the cart first at minimum, or maybe another way to stop this from happening. 

We want the customer to be able to choose a pickup or delivery date and have it add the shipping cost if they choose delivery with no shipping cost if they choose pickup.

I'm certain I'll have more follow up questions as well.

Thanks in advance! 

Reply 1 (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3351 215 642

Disable the buy buttons, check your theme settings most have the option to toggle the buy buttons off on.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/dynamic-checkout/add-buttons 

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com