GoDaddy domain connection to Shopify

Esra1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I try to connect my new domain from GoDaddy to Shopify. I tried to change the DNS but the problem is that I cannot see the DNS-information because it says I don't have the standard Nameserver. GoDaddy asked me to get the Nameserver from Shopify but shopify told me instead that they don't use Nameservers. Now I cannot change the DNS information und cannot connect to shopify. Can someone please help me with this issue? 

Thanks,

Esra

Replies 2 (2)

DelightCart
Shopify Partner
1233 81 155

@Esra1 May this help you. Click Here.

Delight Cart - It's time to turn your visitors into loyal shoppers! 

Delight Loyalty - Increase repeat sales quickly and build lifelong customers loyalty.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Esra1

It sounds like you have been trying to connect your domain manually to your store.

Shopify Support can't access your third-party domain's settings. If you have trouble setting up your domain, then you must work with your domain provider. Shopify Support can only advise you about what information you might need to give to your domain provider.

So I can tell you for example how to change your DNS records in your third-party account, and I can tell you that you don't need to change the TTL number in your DNS settings. Use the default value.

If you're unsure of how to do this yourself, you can always contact your domain provider directly and this is what to tell your provider.

I hope this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.