Google Ads Disapproved due to cart.js/bvtls script

BedBuddies
Excursionist
32 0 5

So I woke up this morning to find that Google has disapproved every single ad (87 in total) because of malicious software and circumventing systems.

Their technical supports ability to narrow down the issue is that the malicious software is www.bedbuddies.com.au/cart.js/bvtls however I cannot seem to find this.

I use the VITALS app and thought that the bvtls may have related to Vitals, however their scripts run on appsolve.io and so they deny it being their problem.

I spent the day contacting developers who have worked on my site, and shopify help etc, only to be given "Its not our problem".

Is there anyone that can help me please, as google ads is the lifeblood of my business.

Steve

Replies 4 (4)

Lefteris_Zis
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

have you managed to solve this?

I am having the exact same issue

BedBuddies
Excursionist
32 0 5
I assume you have the vitals app installed and are using the currency converter?
If so, disable the currency converter and use the standard shopify one.

Lefteris_Zis
Tourist
6 0 0

Nope I dont use this app.

To be exact, problem is https://example.com/cart.js

BedBuddies
Excursionist
32 0 5

Then its not the same problem. The bvtls bit on the end was the giveaway for me. It was the vitals app converting the currency in the cart and google thought our site was trying to mislead our customers by offering one price on the ads, then changing it in checkout.