google search console errors

josephbas
3 0 0

hi on google search console I have 7 errors and I don't know what to do ? Can you please help me ?Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 16.58.06.png

Replies 18 (18)
Moira
Shopify Staff
531 73 85

@reelloops 

I understand this can be frustrating. Google Ads being disapproved is handled entirely through Google, unfortunately, Shopify has no control over the outcome as we are an entirely separate platform. We can certainly help directly with the Google channel integration but approvals and disapprovals are outside our scope of support. We do our best to guide you in the right direction with the resources we have: 

I also suggest using Google's own verification tool on your website:

All the best,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

reelloops
Tourist
6 0 3

So to catch those up to speed about this issue, I wanted to share an update (not a solution yet) in hopes that this may help someone struggling with the same thing.  So I spoke to the Google ads Support and they responded to let me know that they found malware on my site.  They gave me 2 links that my customers could be directed to (although I have not seen this to be the case) and Told me to contact my webmasters regarding the situation.   The 2 links that they said were on my site were "pingclock.net" malware (.js) files.  I reached out to Shopify and they currently opened a ticket and are keeping it open as we navigate through the path of removing these files.  I was advised (by Shopify) to reach out to my domain provider and I'm currently doing that now.  However, I'm stuck because these links are not showing in my security detection profile.  My profile shows that my site is clean of malware.  With that said.  The Saga Continues....  I will keep working on this and maybe someone here can help provide a more specific solution.

Thanks

YOJ101
2 0 0

Hello,

I have the same errors, I have very small shop and very little products--

Notice that these errors were in fact in just 1 of my product--

So if anyone can please help and shed light on this, will really appreciate!!!

Thank you. @Moira  Please, please. Maybe a quick check on the url of this particular product?

I honestly why only this product is flag?

Appreciate any advise please....

Moira
Shopify Staff
531 73 85

Hey @YOJ101,

I'd be happy to take a look at your product if you felt comfortable sharing the URL in this thread otherwise what type of product is it? 

@reelloops thanks for providing an update on your situation, was the malware able to be removed from your site?  

reelloops
Tourist
6 0 3
Yes, I was able to remove the malware. It was found in the code of my
products page. Once it was removed, I was able to move forward.
reelloops
Tourist
6 0 3

I've been meaning to update everyone on this.  So, the issue that was found had to do with that code being part of the HTML in my products pages (Hope that makes sense and if not... I'll try to explain.)  So whenever you add text in the product description box of your product's page,  you'll see tabs or menus above the text box (like the ones above this text box (when you're replying or starting a topic).  You'll see a menu that says HTML or "</>"  or something that would indicate a place to see the code.  Well upon clicking that, I saw that there was these long lines of code that had to do with urls that would possibly be malware (pingclock.js and some other nonsense). I deleted that code, and made sure that my other product pages didn't have that code in the html and once I did that and verified with google,  I was approved of running ads.   Crazy, but that was my solution.  after that I installed malwarebytes browser app and making sure I don't accidentally click on links that could lead to malware vulnerabilities.  Hope this helps.

Moira
Shopify Staff
531 73 85

Thanks so much, @reelloops, this is really great to know moving forward!

If others come across this thread and would like to remove similar malware from their theme code, we always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version if you accidentally remove pieces of code that mess up your website. 

YOJ101
2 0 0

@Moira Thanks! Will do. We are currently on password protect as we are on holiday. Can you check it out even passworded or shall i remove it first? Might need to hold off 2 weeks until we go back online if that’s alright?! Please… thank you for offering the help. Url of our website is qtpantry.co.nz and the product is the dark chocolate.

Moira
Shopify Staff
531 73 85

No worries @YOJ101! I am unable to see past the password protection page via the community forums so feel free to reach back out when you are ready. 

All the best,