Help connecting my website url to my shopify store

Djaye
Visitor
3 0 0

I've been at this for two days now, and I'm about to give up. 

What am I doing wrong? As far as I can tell, I've entered the required settings, but obviously I haven't. Could someone please tell me where I've got it wrong?

One screenshot is the details I've entered into my host account, the other is the test results saying that I haven't entered the information that I already have 

My url I'm trying to link is aussiegrazingboards.com.au 

Thanks in advance 

David 

2455B270-ABDD-4EF0-A852-5C774EFE484A.pngD68C887E-BDD1-4710-BAD1-FF8D3CEF90FA.png

Replies 4 (4)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @Djaye 

Thank you for sharing the screenshots of your current DNS settings and the errors you are seeing when you try to connect the domain to your store. Troubleshooting domains can take time and can be a bit tedious.

The domain URL I tested on my end is this one (in case I got it wrong) - http://aussiegrazingboards.com.au. I can confirm that this domain is not outputting any DNS information at this time. I used a couple of tools to confirm this and I'll include links to them below:

DNS Lookup Tool - DNS Tools - MxToolbox

DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool

Also, upon reviewing your screenshots, I noticed a few possible issues with your current DNS setup. For reference, the DNS information you need can be found here: Connect your third party domain.

1. Point the A record to the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65.
  2. If necessary, change the Host name to the @ symbol.
  3. Delete any other A records on the domain if there are any present.
  4. Point the CNAME record with the name www to shops.myshopify.com.

It looks like your DNS record NAMES need to be updated.

• You should have only one A record, the name should be @, record type should be A, record content should be 23.227.38.65.
  • You can have multiple CNAME records for various purposes but you need to have a CNAME record that has the name as WWW, record type as CNAME and record content asshops.myshopify.com.

Once the DNS information is added correctly, you will need to wait up to 48 hours for the information to be sent out from your domain host. You can use the tools I shared above to track the propagation of the correct DNS information. If after 48 hours the domain is still not sending out DNS information please reach out to your domain host for additional troubleshooting. 

03-43-93140-38569

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Djaye
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks so much for taking the time to compile all that information, I am truly rateful. I will give it a try, and let you know how I got on.

Thanks again, it means a lot 

Djaye
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Shay, I gave that a try, and it came up with an error message, basically, it won't allow charactersB86B91AA-6BF4-43EA-8D45-64702C60C9D3.png

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @Djaye! Thanks for the update. 

I took a look at your domain host's docs and it looks like they format theirs a bit differently than what we see normally: Netregistry Support.

Example:

Name TTL Record  Class Record  Type Host
mydomainname.com.au 3600 IN A 202.124.241.178
www 3600 IN A 202.124.241.178

In this example, web or email hosting for mydomainname.com.au can be found at the IP Address: 202.124.241.178. The www prefix is also delegated to the same IP address, this has to be added separately because www. acts like a sub-domain and often web users don't type the www. into a browser.

A-records may be used to point to different IP addresses for different services, such as mail, databases or even different websites.

You may need to contact your domain host for help with that, but formatting in the style of either of these options might resolve the A record issue!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog