HELP! How to disable dark mode automatic feature??

boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

Can anyone please help me disable this automatic dark mode on my Shopify dawn! I am losing sales because of this automatic feature. I need it turned off. I just figured that when a potential customer with Dark Mode on their phone clicks on my ads and lands on my website, the background of my store changes from bright to dark automatically as per their phone settings!!!!!! It looks so bad on dark mode and I don't know how to disable this! 

@oscprofessional @KetanKumar @dmwwebartisan @diego_ezfy  Please help!

Replies 13 (13)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

Check If you are using any app disable it.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

I am not using and never used any app.  Have a look at the image. It changes automatically because I have dark mode on my device.

Screenshot_20220316-112845_Instagram.jpg

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

Refer this link

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/how-to-disable-dark-mode-to-my-shopify-store-theme/td... 

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

Yes, I had a look at the thread before, but it is doesn't solve the problem. He is saying it has to do with phone settings but it does't make sense. I never came across a website that changes its background colors as per device settings.

I am checking websites with light background on my phone with dark mode on it, and the background is still the same (white). Mine changes automatically to fit the dark mode, it sounds like an automatic feature by Shopify and it's so frustrating!

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

share the store url

boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

oscprofessional_0-1647421512273.png

boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

Sorry I am using a country blocker, could you try again now? I disabled it.

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

I checked your website on my mobile device it's absolutely working fine.

boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

It is working fine on mobile, but it does show on dark mode when you click on it from an ad. Example: Instagram ad. If your phone's dark mode is switched on and you click on the Instagram ad, the whole website will adjust to dark mode too.

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@boauae ,

How Can I go from the ad ? can you explain where I should go for the test?

boauae
Excursionist
12 0 4

Unfortunately, I am unable to copy the ad link. I only have the screenshot 😕

Screenshot_20220316-112845_Instagram.jpg

MGTS
Visitor
2 0 1

I am facing the same issue, did you resolve it? Can you plz tell how you did it?