Solved

Help please - Menu disappearing when scroll down.

SecondSnuggle
Tourist
14 0 2

Good evening, 

My website is www.secondsnuggle.co.uk

When you scroll down on the desktop the menu disappears before you can get to the bottom of it. How do I make it stick when scrolling so you can see all of the options? 

I am using Dawn update 4.0 

Thanks 

www.secondsnuggle.co.uk
Children's & Maternity Preloved
Accepted Solutions (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SecondSnuggle.

Thanks for the quick response and clarification.

Could you attempt to clear the cache on your browser and navigate to your online store to see if this is still occurring?

If you notice that the navigation menu is still not appearing, could you try this action on a separate browser? For example, if you are using Safari - try opening your online store using Google Chrome. I took a screenshot of what I can see on my side each time I scroll up on the online store:

24-46-87185-50419

Let me know if that does the trick.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @SecondSnuggle.

Thanks for following up back.

I can certainly see the issue that you are referencing. When you open the main menu from the header navigation menu and select the dropdown All by Age, we are unable to view the entire list due to needing to scroll down.

In this case, you could potentially make a change of coding to the theme to allow the main menu to display while scrolling. Since the Dawn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal team to make the changes on your behalf.

25-29-21271-1864

If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using the Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking directly with a Support Advisor about the changes you would like to see.

Alternatively, you could look to use a third-party application that is available on the Shopify App store to assist you with displaying the menu. I grabbed a couple of recommendations; feel more than welcome to take a look and let me know what you think:

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @SecondSnuggle.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful! Are you still experiencing this issue with the main menu on your online store?

The reason I am asking is because I navigated to your online store and did not experience any issues with the menu/navigation disappearing when scrolling. I did notice that the navigation menu hides when scrolling down but will reappear as soon as you scroll up. This would be the Dawn theme's sticky header enabled from the Theme Editor.

Looking forward to your response.

SecondSnuggle
Tourist
14 0 2
Hi,

Yes. It works okay on mobile but on desktop the menu disappears as soon as you scroll. I tried scrolling up but it didn’t work.

It’s mainly an issue on the children’s collections because you cannot see them all on one page.

Thanks

Ruby
www.secondsnuggle.co.uk
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @SecondSnuggle.

Thanks for the quick response and clarification.

Could you attempt to clear the cache on your browser and navigate to your online store to see if this is still occurring?

If you notice that the navigation menu is still not appearing, could you try this action on a separate browser? For example, if you are using Safari - try opening your online store using Google Chrome. I took a screenshot of what I can see on my side each time I scroll up on the online store:

24-46-87185-50419

Let me know if that does the trick.

SecondSnuggle
Tourist
14 0 2
We have tried it on a few computers/ browsers and a customer also messaged to say they were having the same problem too and if you couldn't get to the collections for older children that it might put people off shopping.

Will give it another go now.

Thanks

www.secondsnuggle.co.uk
SecondSnuggle
Tourist
14 0 2

From the screen shot if you then click on children’s and by age, you can’t get to the whole list. That’s is where the problem is. 

is there a way to solve that? 

thanks 

www.secondsnuggle.co.uk
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @SecondSnuggle.

Thanks for following up back.

I can certainly see the issue that you are referencing. When you open the main menu from the header navigation menu and select the dropdown All by Age, we are unable to view the entire list due to needing to scroll down.

In this case, you could potentially make a change of coding to the theme to allow the main menu to display while scrolling. Since the Dawn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal team to make the changes on your behalf.

25-29-21271-1864

If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using the Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking directly with a Support Advisor about the changes you would like to see.

Alternatively, you could look to use a third-party application that is available on the Shopify App store to assist you with displaying the menu. I grabbed a couple of recommendations; feel more than welcome to take a look and let me know what you think:

Let me know if you have any questions.