Hide part in order confirmation based on payment method

asalklar
5 0 0

Hi everybody,

I am currently customizing my order confirmation template. So far I am doing just great. However, I am wondering if there is the possibility to hide/show a certain static text in the template based on the chosen payment method by the user. 

For example I do have the payment method pre-payment. I now want to show in the order confirmation the bank details, etc. but only if the user has chosen the payment method pre-payment. If he has chosen another one, I would like to hide this part.

Is this possible and if yes, how to implement this?

I look forward to your help and answers.

David

Replies 7 (7)
DP_Development
Pathfinder
82 11 17

It should work, if you write your own Liquid code using the transaction object. It contains a payment_details object to identify the payment method. With this objects you should be able to show the bank details only if the paypment method was pre-payment. 

Software Engineer and Frontend Developer
Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
Please click on like and "accepted solution" if my answer helped you.
asalklar
5 0 0
Thanks for your answer. Could you make an example on this might look like? I am new to this and I am only able to make basic stuff. I would really appreciate it.
DP_Development
Pathfinder
82 11 17

I just checked it again but the payment_details object is only available through notifications. You should use this object instead:

{{ transaction.gateway }}

This should do the trick if you use it with simple liquid if else conditions. 

Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
asalklar
5 0 0

Thanks again for your help. so if I add 

{{ transaction.gateway }}

into the notification template it should work? Or how do I check whether it is pre-payment or not?

Sorry to ask again but I am bloody news to this.

DP_Development
Pathfinder
82 11 17

No, because the notification templates have only relevance for notifications. But the object transaction.payment_details is only accessable through the notifications, so you wont be able to use it in the liquid order confirmation page at the end of the order. This is why i posted transaction.gateway as an accessable object. 

I think you have at least two quite good options:

1) modify the order confirmation page

2) modify the order notification mail

In both cases you will have to write if/else conditions which will show/not show your bank details in dependency of the payment method.

asalklar
5 0 0

Yes, I understand this And I want to modify the notification template - this is what I am working on almost all day already. But just in terms of design and simple variable insertion. 

In the notification template I do have a section where the bank details are written in statis. This part I want to hide when the payment is pre-payment. You can see in the attachment the only two payment methods (manual ones) I do have installed in my shop. 

So now I need a statement to say that if the payment method is "Barzahlung bei Abholung" the static text for the bank details is shown. Else if it should not be displayed. 

asalklar_0-1636223884708.png

If I understand correctly the statment must be something like this

{{ if transaction.payment_details = ???? }}
STATIC TEXT
{{ elseif }}
[blank]
{{ endif }}

Or how should this look like in the notification template? How can I select the payment method through the statement?

DP_Development
Pathfinder
82 11 17

You can use the transaction object only if you iterate through it:

{% for transaction in transactions %}

When iterating through the transaction array, you can check, if transaction.gateway gives you the specific term for preorder (it will, but I dont know the exact phrase). If the specific text value is in transaction.gateway you can show your bank details, otherwise not.