How can I hide out of stock product variants by size?

EmmaBradley
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible. 

We use Collections to filter products at the moment. One collection we have is Shop by Size. So I would like to hide products that havent got that size in stock. Example, If customer selects Newborn, I dont want products to show that have the Newborn out of stock. But at the moment as we use tags to fill out the collections, this is not possible as the tag is still on the product and therefore still shows when Newborn is selected. 

Does anyone have any recommendations what we could do? Any apps? I have tried Power Tools but this doesnt seem to work well for us as it works on the Variant names rather than tags. 

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)

isis-mtnez
Shopify Partner
25 3 2

Hi,

Can you explain a bit more ?

Why are you using tags and collections to filter products?  Newborn is a variant ?

Can you please give more details so I can understand better  🙂

Give me a Like if I helped you
Please mark as Accepted Solution if I fixed your problem!
Thank you 🙂
EmmaBradley
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for replying. 

This was just how the website was set up by the developer. I just want customers to be able to filter for certain products in certain sizes and only see those available and I dont know the best way to do this. 

JBARTS
Tourist
9 1 1

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/variants-link-product-options/m-p/615156

I used the above link to edit my code in Venture to do what you want in my shop. I wish I could help you more but I am not a developer and just followed the instructions like a parrot. I do have a little bit of coding knowledge.