Solved

Why does my homepage title display a (1) at the start?

Iansz
Excursionist
15 0 10

Hello,

I have (1) at the beginning of the Homepage Title which is definitely not in the Preference settings, anyone have an idea on where it could come from please?

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 16.10.09.png

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solution (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Iansz.

Thanks for getting back to me. This (1) is due to your chat/messenger box that appears on your homepage, you will notice once you click the message as a visitor/customer that (1) will vanish. It is simply to indicate that there is a message within your active browser tab. 

I hope that helps you out moving forward, if I am misunderstanding the question, feel free to reach back out here with any further context! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Iansz.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some assistance with this. It looks like this is an announcement bar/banner area, either a native feature of whatever theme you are using or a third-party application you are using. If so, are you able to see that "1" added anywhere in your announcement banner settings? I would be happy to take a closer look, are you able to share your store URL here?

Iansz
Excursionist
15 0 10

Hey Marty,

Thanks for offering some assistance, We're using the "Prestige" theme and I don't see the (1) anywhere else on the store nor in the announcement bar.

Plus we don't really have any main third party apps installed.

Yes thanks, here's the store URL: The Beauty Kollective 

Ian

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Iansz.

Thanks for getting back to me. This (1) is due to your chat/messenger box that appears on your homepage, you will notice once you click the message as a visitor/customer that (1) will vanish. It is simply to indicate that there is a message within your active browser tab. 

I hope that helps you out moving forward, if I am misunderstanding the question, feel free to reach back out here with any further context! 

Iansz
Excursionist
15 0 10

Thanks Marty,

Would you know of a preference to switch this permanently switch this off, as we get an alert in the Shopify Chat app? 

Regards

Ian

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Iansz.

Thanks for clarifying this, this is not something you can currently shut off as it's simply supposed to notify your customers of the welcome message when they visit a homepage. That said, I can certainly see how this may be distracting for some customers and I would be happy to send your feedback up to our developers to look into this potential for future updates. Although I cannot promise an update will be made, we love getting feedback from our merchants and making sure we take all ideas into consideration. 

Thanks again for your message and feel free to reach back out any time! 

txshellie
Excursionist
25 0 5

Hello @Marty,

Please let the developers know that this feature is being crawled by google and is ending up in the SERPS. I know it has been a month but this issue continues.

We are probably going to have to turn off chat until the issue is resolved. To see a (1) next to your homepage in the search results during a time when we have thousands of people searching for us is really unexpected and not at all desirable.  

We think that the effect comes and goes as google recaches the page when it does and doesn't have the chat notification. 

Please suggest to the developers that they remove the feature until they figure out how it can possibly even be indexed and correct the problem.

Note, we have seen the (1) next to products when we search on them in chat to share with our customers. 

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @txshellie.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing this feedback. I would be happy to share your feedback with our developers for the potential of a future update. Although I cannot promise an update will be made, we love receiving feedback from our merchants in the hopes of always bettering our platform for our merchants. 

Thanks again!