How can I change a particular product (or group of products) "date created" timestamp?

Mhugo
Tourist
4 0 2

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to alter a products "date created" timestamp so that when I arrange my "All products" collection by "date created" they'll appear together? Currently we have to put our supplier initials at the beginning of the product title so we can sort by A-Z which works but the title looks terrible and is probably not great for SEO. (e.g. KM - Tennis Ball - Yellow).

Removing the items and re-adding them is out of the question, it'd be far too time consuming and there really should be a simpler solution. Using any of the other current options won't work, even by putting them in order of A-Z then manually altering them would require constant monitoring. If anyone accidentally or temporarily changed the sorting option we'd have to start over again which would be torture.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Reply 1 (1)

CynthiaESJ
Excursionist
17 0 31

I have the same issue. We really need Shopify to fix this issue and allow us to edit the date or the publish date - whatever - so we can sort our collections by date new to old. Please, Shopify, is this on your plan to fix?

thanks,

cynthia