How can I correctly change my SSN on my account?

Solved

How can I correctly change my SSN on my account?

Markee
Tourist
4 0 1

I might have put in the wrong ssn upon creating my account. I know there is a link in the shopify help center to do so but I cant find the right steps. Can anyone help me navigate as to where I can make the proper way into changing my ssn to the right one?

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2996 462 612

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Markee 

Since the SSN is a sensitive document used to help identify the account owner, you will need to contact our authenticated support for further assistance. In this situation they will most likely escalate your ticket to our account team for verification and they will follow up with you by email to resolve this. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2996 462 612

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Markee 

Since the SSN is a sensitive document used to help identify the account owner, you will need to contact our authenticated support for further assistance. In this situation they will most likely escalate your ticket to our account team for verification and they will follow up with you by email to resolve this. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center

Markee
Tourist
4 0 1

Okay after going in the link where to I go. Do I go to manage then privacy etc? I've tried to go everywhere but can't find nothing directing me to any kindd of support. Btw, thanks for the quick response.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2996 462 612

Just type into the chat-box with the AI helper that you need help with changing your SSN number. If it doesn't prompt right away for live chat click on the "I still need support" option to get connected. 

Markee
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Shay! I appreciate the help.