Your Primary focus will be creating 301 Redirects for pages/services. Shopify uses quite a different URL structure to WordPress, so you'll likely need to do this site-wide.
Use websites such as Semrush, Ahrefs or Google Search Console to identify your high-ranking/traffic pages. These will be the most important pages needing redirects.
Additional considerations are:
- Configuration of Meta Titles & Descriptions on products, pages and collections.
- Page Speed - If the new theme is not optimised compared to your current site, you may see a drop in rankings due to Core Web Vital performance.
- Change in Content - Any page content changes will likely make rankings fluctuate. This is where you ideally need to hire an SEO to optimise your page content for certain keywords
I agree with @Monty_A
1) build out your shopify store
2) take not of the new shopify url vs the old wordpress url
3) create redirects for the wordpress URLs In shopify
4) install a SEO app that will detect broken links - this will help you catch anuything that is missed
5) cut over from wordpress to shopify
6) monitor the SEO apps 404 monitors
7) double check your search engine listings in google
8 ) create more redirects as needed (manually or via the seo app you choose)
Dive into the world of Print-on-Demand and discover how it can transform your online busin...By Imogen Feb 19, 2024
Discover how to transform your online store into a delightful shopping destination. Learn ...By Ollie Feb 13, 2024