Solved

How can I get my store back on the Shop app after a chargeback?

LEVY1
Tourist
4 0 3

I shipped out an item and it was stolen from the person's porch. I offered to replace the item and the customer told me they were going to put in a claim with the USPS because this has happened many times before where their packages have been stolen.

I am not sure what the outcome was with that but then I  received a notification of a chargeback and now I have been removed from the shop app.

I have a small business and I don’t think this is fair because I did deliver and have proof of the delivery of the package and had no control over it being stolen. Why was I removed from the shop app?

How long before I can sell on the shop app again? Does anyone know? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1131 120 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LEVY1!

Thanks for your question, I'm happy to share more information with you. 

First, I do recommend responding to the chargeback and sharing any additional information and evidence you have. You can find more information on how to do that in this help document

In order to be eligible for the Shop sales channel, your store has to have a chargeback rate of less than 1% in the last six months. You can find all the details about our requirements here. It's important to remember that even if you aren't currently able to use the Shop sales channel, that doesn't impact your store or account as a whole. 

Lastly, I recommend checking out our help document about preventing chargebacks in the future! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1131 120 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LEVY1!

Thanks for your question, I'm happy to share more information with you. 

First, I do recommend responding to the chargeback and sharing any additional information and evidence you have. You can find more information on how to do that in this help document

In order to be eligible for the Shop sales channel, your store has to have a chargeback rate of less than 1% in the last six months. You can find all the details about our requirements here. It's important to remember that even if you aren't currently able to use the Shop sales channel, that doesn't impact your store or account as a whole. 

Lastly, I recommend checking out our help document about preventing chargebacks in the future! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog