How can I safely add a minimum order amount to my checkout?

MandyRogue
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi everyone!

I would love to add a minimum order amount to my checkout so people that want to order for less than 25 euro can't check out and see a message. i see a lot of tutorials to alter code or shipping rates but i want to know for sure that it's safe to do. I used to have an app for it, but it would still 'let through' orders and I would rather safely adjust code.

I use the Shella theme and my store is https://www.by-rogue.com

Thank you so much!!

Mandy

Replies 2 (2)

EFOLI-Emilia7
Shopify Partner
320 10 38

Hello @MandyRogue,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to set a minimum order value on your entire store then you can try the MultiVariants - bulk order app. With this app, you can set a minimum order value as 25 euros, your customer will not be able to go for checkout if the minimum order value is not taken before checkout. They will see a message if the desired value is not matched. 

Emilia7 | eFoli
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants

Ankit_Thakur
Shopify Partner
60 1 6

Hi @MandyRogue  If you are still looking for a solution to this, you can try using the Chekout Gurdian App, that restricts purchases based on the total cart value, like a customer wont be able to checkout if his total cart value is less then 25 euro and would be shown a message for the same.

Let me know if you find this suitable as per your requirment. 

Shopify Developer/Consultant
If my suggestions are useful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.
And if you want to customize or develop new feature on Theme or App.