Solved

how can i unlink tiktok account with shopify?

from7
Trailblazer
176 7 21

Today, when I switched the tiktok account type, the following information was prompted

how can i unlink tiktok account with shopify?

from7_0-1637134872143.jpeg

Accepted Solution (1)

iconografi
Visitor
1 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi!

I had a lot of trouble with this and it was getting pretty frustrating because it's not easy to find. Removing the TikTok sales channel didn't help so I did some research on the tiktok side and found a solution that worked for me!

In the TikTok app, go to Settings and Privacy, then slick Security and Login, then Manage App Permissions. If you remove the app permission that was granted to Shopify/TikTok Sales Channel (I think it was called TikTok Merchant, I forget since I already deleted it) that should do the trick! Then you should be able to switch to a personal account again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Replies 25 (25)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hey there, @from7

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! Using TikTok to help market and grow your brand is a great idea so it's awesome to see you investigating this advertising route. What were you hoping to accomplish with using TikTok? 

If you're looking to disconnect your TikTok account from Shopify, you'll want to complete the following steps:

• Login to your Shopify Store
  • Access your TikTok Sales Channel
  • Navigate to the 'Marketing' tab in the channel and select the 'Set up' or 'Settings' tab that appears there
  • From there, you can disconnect your TikTok account from the 'TikTok for Business' section and the 'TikTok Ads Manager' section that will appear.

You can also decide to remove the TikTok Sales Channel from your store, as this will also disconnect your TikTok account from Shopify. You can do this by going to the 'Settings' section of your admin, selecting 'Sales Channels' and the clicking the red 'Remove' next to the Tiktok Sales Channel. 

Once you've completed these steps, your TikTok account should no longer be connected to your Shopify store and you should be able to change your TikTok account type without issue. Please try the above methods and let me know how things go! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

from7
Trailblazer
176 7 21

from7_0-1637196411158.png

Thank you for your reply, I have deleted the sales channel of tiktok, and also unlinked from the tiktok ads background, the problem still exists

from7
Trailblazer
176 7 21

@Imogen 

I also contacted tiktok customer service and they also said they were very confused

from7_0-1637214959382.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @from7

Thanks for reaching back out. Those steps that you completed should have removed your TikTok account's connection to your Shopify store. Based on your first screenshot, it does appear that the channel has been removed so as long as you followed the steps in my previous post, the connection should be severed. 

I also appreciate you letting me know you've reached out to TikTok Support. Considering that you said that the issue is persisting even after doing the steps on Shopify's side, speaking to TikTok Support about your account is proper next step. In terms of you saying that they were confused, did you provide them with the screenshot of the error that you provided me originally? I would provide TikTok support with as much context as possible so they can assist you with your TikTok account.

Have you continued to speak with TikTok since your last message here? What sort of information did they provide you with?

Gigi1
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi @Imogen, I'm having trouble with my TikTok sales channel. I followed all the steps to set up shopping, ✔️, and then on next to last step it says connect to TikTok account. I click, it brings up various login choices. I login with my TikTok email and password and it says verified. Then it asks to grant access to TikTok. I grant it and get this bizarre message. See attachment. I don't have another store or another TikTok account so I don't get it. My products are almost all approved, ready for TikTok shopping but I'm stuck. Nowhere is there answers to fix. What do I do?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @Gigi1!

Thanks for commenting here and letting me know about your TikTok Account linking issues. 

Based on the information you've provided, your initial setup looks good to go. That error you provided in your screenshots does suggest that the TikTok account you attempted to connect is already connected to a different Shopify store. I know that you mentioned that you don't have any other stores, but is there a chance that you may have attempted this link/setup in a different store and we're just not recalling that information? 

If this is your only store, my first suggestion would be to remove the TikTok Sales Channel from your store, and then re-install it and set it up again. This should severe any pre-existing connections between your account and this particular Shopify store. If an error occurred when trying to link the account, and now your account is sort in some sort of 'sync-limbo', a uninstall/re-install could resolve things. Have you tried this already? 

My second suggestion here would be to reach out to our Live Support Team regarding this. Since they can authenticate you and your account, they can access your store alongside you and investigate the matter in further details. You can reach out to the team using this link here

I'll keep my eyes peel for your followup! 

MsSkeptical
Explorer
41 1 9

This one worked for me. Thank you

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @MsSkeptical!

Thanks for joining in on our conversation! 

I'm glad to hear that the steps outlined here seemed to do the trick for you. Do you mind sharing with us what steps you needed to take in order to resolve things? Sharing this information here may help other business owners who have the same issue get things resolved. 

If you're unable to, then no worries! I just thought I would ask! 

Lowkey1
Visitor
2 0 0

how did you get it to work?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @Lowkey1

Thanks for joining in on the conversation! I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles unlinking your TikTok account from your store, as well. 

I know that you've mentioned you've tried everything to trigger the unlink, but can you outline for me exactly what you've tried so far? Have you tried my suggestions as per my initial reply to this thread? 

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply so we can get your accounts unlinked. 

JB73
Visitor
1 0 0

I created the products in shopify and then linked it to my Tik Tok shop. If I do the above, will the listings then be deleted from my Tik Tok shop?

buddymags
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue.  Did anyone figure this out?  I unlinked but tiktok still saying I am linked.  ugh

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @buddymags

Thanks for joining in on our conversation here. I'm happy to try and assist you with getting your linked account situation sorted. 

Have you had the time to try the steps I've outlined above in my previous replies? The most important thing to do is to make sure that you go into your TikTok Sales Channel and attempt to un-link the account from there. After that, you would attempt to uninstall the channel as this is meant to wipe the record of the link between your Shopify Store and your TikTok Account. 

Do you have any screenshots of the messages you're seeing telling you that your account is still linked? I'd love to have those so I can have some additional insight into your situation. 

KillerDropship
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello there !
Thank you for the provided information.
For my case, I don't have access to the store anymore, I closed it few months ago, and now I wanna use the TikTok Ads Manager on a new store but I can't since it's already linked to another store, is there any way that I can uninstall the Sales Channel or unlink the TikTok account from Shopify's side without having access to that store anymore?

Thanks in advance !

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hey there, @KillerDropship. Thanks for joining in on our thread here. Nice to meet you! 😄

Interesting situation you've got here! You should be able to control your connections to your TikTok Ad Account via the Ad Account settings themselves. The instructions were included in the solution in this thread. If you haven't yet, give those steps a try and see if they help you with your account issue. 

If you continue to have issues after trying the steps, follow up with me here and let me know!

Lowkey1
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the same problem. Has anyone figure this out? I have tried everything. 

iconografi
Visitor
1 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi!

I had a lot of trouble with this and it was getting pretty frustrating because it's not easy to find. Removing the TikTok sales channel didn't help so I did some research on the tiktok side and found a solution that worked for me!

In the TikTok app, go to Settings and Privacy, then slick Security and Login, then Manage App Permissions. If you remove the app permission that was granted to Shopify/TikTok Sales Channel (I think it was called TikTok Merchant, I forget since I already deleted it) that should do the trick! Then you should be able to switch to a personal account again.

Hope this helps!

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @iconografi!

Thanks for jumping into the thread here and attaching those steps that you took to resolve the issue! If you don't mind, I'm going to re-type those steps out here, and I'd be open to you confirming that the written steps are indeed the ones you took: 

• Login to your TikTok App
  • Go to 'Settings and Privacy'
  • Click 'Security and Login'
  • Click 'Manage App Permissions'
  • Remove the app permissions granted between TikTok and Shopify, likely called 'Shopify Merchant'.

For those of you in this thread that are still facing this issue, go ahead and give these steps a try and let me know if they solve the issue for you. If so, we'll be able to mark @iconografi's reply as the solution and help any other folks that face this issue in the future! 

Thanks again for letting us know how you removed the settings when our traditional methods didn't seem to do the trick! 

pvolo
Visitor
2 0 2

The steps above worked for me, although the navigation headers were a little different.

1. Settings and privacy
  2. Security and login
  3. Manage app permissions
  4. Remove both…
    1. TikTok Commerce
    2. TikTok Business

After that, it was easy to switch back to a personal account.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hi there, @pvolo. Thanks so much for joining in on the conversation here! 

I'm glad to hear the above steps helped you unlink your account. I'm also very appreciative of the confirmation of the steps on how to get this resolved. I'll go ahead and mark the post that provided these steps originally as the 'Solution', as they should guide anyone else who encounter this issue on how to unlink their accounts. 

Thanks again for your follow up post here! All the best! 

AmerigoVespucci
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I have this same issue, EXCEPT, my bottleneck comes from within the Shopify-TikTok Sales Channel, not within the TikTok mobile app...

(see image)Step 1 complete. Step 2 failure.Step 1 complete. Step 2 failure.

I'm trying to setup the TikTok Sales Channel completed on a new Shopify store, but the process won't complete fully..

A few issues I face right now:

1) I don't know the exact Shopify store account that is linked previously with the Ads Manager shown above- blurred the Ad Account ID for security. I've owned roughly 10 but only have access to 2, neither are the one that's linked.

2) I don't have access to the old TikTok account (or 'TikTok for Business Account') that I would use to perform the solution discussed above ^ .. I sold off that brand: Shopify store, social media accounts, Stripe payment processor, etc about 3 months ago.

3) I sent this issue to both Shopify support and TikTok support, and they unfortunately both put the blame on each other. So, I recorded personal webcam/screen-recordings this morning for both Shopify and TikTok to review and help on my 3rd round of inquiries for this problem.

I have been dealing with this issue for about 3 months and would love to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I don't have access to the old TikTok app account and don't think I can ever get access again because I would need to go through the brokerage, which would hopefully link me to the overseas buyer. whom I could pass off these instructions/community thread discussion and then him/her could log in and set the brand and accounts straight.

But, I do still own and have access to both the business manager and TikTok ads account, I'm not sure why I can't control permissions from within 1 of those, this problem sucks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bekebe
Visitor
2 0 0
I struggled with the same problem when I switched to a business account. I removed some apps permissions, and it worked for me.
banned
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hey there, @Bekebe. Thanks for joining in on the conversation! 

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your accounts disconnected by toggling the permissions that had been enabled. Did you follow the steps outlined in this thread to do so, or did you figure it out on your own? 

pvolo
Visitor
2 0 2
Followed the steps in this thread!
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1483 182 268

Hey there, @pvolo!

Happy to hear that the steps assisted you with getting things resolved!