how can i unlink tiktok account with shopify?

from7
Pathfinder
123 5 15

Today, when I switched the tiktok account type, the following information was prompted

how can i unlink tiktok account with shopify?

from7_0-1637134872143.jpeg

Replies 4 (4)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
55 9 3

Hey there, @from7

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! Using TikTok to help market and grow your brand is a great idea so it's awesome to see you investigating this advertising route. What were you hoping to accomplish with using TikTok? 

If you're looking to disconnect your TikTok account from Shopify, you'll want to complete the following steps:

• Login to your Shopify Store
  • Access your TikTok Sales Channel
  • Navigate to the 'Marketing' tab in the channel and select the 'Set up' or 'Settings' tab that appears there
  • From there, you can disconnect your TikTok account from the 'TikTok for Business' section and the 'TikTok Ads Manager' section that will appear.

You can also decide to remove the TikTok Sales Channel from your store, as this will also disconnect your TikTok account from Shopify. You can do this by going to the 'Settings' section of your admin, selecting 'Sales Channels' and the clicking the red 'Remove' next to the Tiktok Sales Channel. 

Once you've completed these steps, your TikTok account should no longer be connected to your Shopify store and you should be able to change your TikTok account type without issue. Please try the above methods and let me know how things go! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

from7
Pathfinder
123 5 15

from7_0-1637196411158.png

Thank you for your reply, I have deleted the sales channel of tiktok, and also unlinked from the tiktok ads background, the problem still exists

from7
Pathfinder
123 5 15

@Imogen 

I also contacted tiktok customer service and they also said they were very confused

from7_0-1637214959382.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
55 9 3

Hi there, @from7

Thanks for reaching back out. Those steps that you completed should have removed your TikTok account's connection to your Shopify store. Based on your first screenshot, it does appear that the channel has been removed so as long as you followed the steps in my previous post, the connection should be severed. 

I also appreciate you letting me know you've reached out to TikTok Support. Considering that you said that the issue is persisting even after doing the steps on Shopify's side, speaking to TikTok Support about your account is proper next step. In terms of you saying that they were confused, did you provide them with the screenshot of the error that you provided me originally? I would provide TikTok support with as much context as possible so they can assist you with your TikTok account.

Have you continued to speak with TikTok since your last message here? What sort of information did they provide you with?

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog