How do I adjust the product price on the product page?

Puma1027
Shopify Partner
77 11 6

Hello.

I need your help.

When purchasing a product on the product page, the price differs depending on the presence or absence of product packaging.
The current registered price of the product is the price without the packaging price.
I want to add the price of the packaging container when I select the checkbox of the product packaging on the product page and click the "Add to Cart" button.
Payment is made at the price including the price of the packaging container.

For example
If the product price is 10$ and the packaging price is 1$, the customer has to pay 11$.
Have you had this experience?
Please check the attached image.

Puma1027_0-1637768285890.png

https://fujieda-coffee.myshopify.com/products/favorite-3

pass : bavaos

This is Japanese site.

I am sorry, please use the translator.

Please help me!!!

Thanks.

If helpful, please "Like" and Accept Solution. If you need help, please contact me!
Skype ID: live:.cid.4149c7e1ff44466c
Email: littlemermaid0309@gmail.com
I want to achieve my success through a community with you.
It's my success and soon your success.
Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hello, @Puma1027.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking for a way to add an optional fee for customers to decide if they want packaging. You can do this by using a third-party app, such as Order & Product Fees, and create a packaging fee for your products or for the cart. If you need any assistance with this app, the app developer is always available to assist you - you can reach out to them directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I've also took the opportunity to look over your store and I think it looks amazing! I noticed that you have a "Free shipping on purchases of JPY 0000 or more" section; however, it looks like there's an error with the amount. Have you considered adding an announcement to the top of your store for these incentives? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Without apps

1. Make a variant option that has packaging or no-packaging and different price.
  2. Or Modify gift-wrapping customization to work on product pages and not just cart page https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os/customize/add-gift-wrap-option 

#1 requires backend automation if packing must be treated as a separate tracked SKU to sync inventory.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @PaulNewton.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing these suggestions! 

I think creating a separate variant for "with packaging" is a great solution and it would work great if the inventory doesn't need to be tracked via SKU. However, if the inventory does need to be tracked, then I can't be sure if automation is the best option. While I'm not sure which automation you're referring to, the apps that I can find that does something similar do appear to cost more (eg. SKULabs or Bundles) than using Order & Product Fees or Infinite Options for adding a small optional cost to the product page. 

Adding a gift wrap option to the cart page (or product page) is a great solution as well, as this can help avoid the monthly fees from using apps. While our Theme Support can help with installing the gift wrap option to the cart page on any Shopify-supported theme, I'm afraid there isn't a guide for adding this to the product pages. However, it is possible to add this to the product pages with the help of a developer. 

I hope this helps add some clarity for the community. Cheers!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Thanks for the app research @Elias , there's also usemechanic it has a script in their task library to automate sycn'ing skus and very negotiable pricing. https://tasks.mechanic.dev/sync-inventory-for-shared-skus  

It's my goto for stuff like that but it is scripting, not visual,  so I don't mention it unless the path is clearer.

Also services like zapier,integromat,airtable are sometimes are in the mix /shrug. NNTR.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org