Re: Domain

Solved

How do I change the CNAME record for my GoDaddy domain?

Shashank_15
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Guys, actually I have got a notification from Shopify saying to change the cname for my domain and set it CNAME record to another name. I have buy the domain from GoDaddy. If anyone knows how to solve this error then please let me know. I want to know can we do this, what is the process.

Accepted Solution (1)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1186 122 150

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @Shashank_15!

Thanks for your post. If you have not made any recent changes to your domain and it was working prior to the alert, then the domain isn't broken. To ensure that it continues to work as expected, we recommend addressing the alert. Failure to do so could mean that the domain experiences errors in the future. 

I recommend logging into your GoDaddy account and adjusting the DNS records to match Shopify's domain settings. If you need assistance with adjusting these records, you should contact GoDaddy directly. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

shadi1
Explorer
74 1 48

Same problem here, i m awaiting answers is this a glitch or do we have to changes our DNS settings to match shopify new DNS

Greta
Shopify Staff
1186 122 150

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @Shashank_15!

Thanks for your post. If you have not made any recent changes to your domain and it was working prior to the alert, then the domain isn't broken. To ensure that it continues to work as expected, we recommend addressing the alert. Failure to do so could mean that the domain experiences errors in the future. 

I recommend logging into your GoDaddy account and adjusting the DNS records to match Shopify's domain settings. If you need assistance with adjusting these records, you should contact GoDaddy directly. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify 

J-12
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm also having the same problem, but I transferred my domain name over the shopify years ago, so as you have full control over my domain name surely you should be able to sort if there's something wrong. I've logged in to my domain provider and can't seem to find where you change it.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1186 122 150

Hi, @J-12!

Thanks for getting in touch. If your domain is managed and hosted by Shopify but you still received this error, I recommend contacting our live support team so we can investigate further and check the domain in our systems. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Greta | Shopify 

J-12
Visitor
2 0 0

Im still having problems, but this time it's to do with my website itself. When I or anyone else puts my business name into the search engine it come up as error or site can't be found. Why is this? And why can't I fix it. I've checked everything I can and it's come back saying secure but no-one can excess my site. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1186 122 150

Hi, @J-12!

Thanks for getting back to me. Would you mind sharing your URL with me? And when your customers are seeing an error message, is this when they type your store's name into a search engine (like Google or Bing), or when they try to access your site by entering the URL?

I look forward to assisting you further!

Greta | Shopify 

nov8tiv
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Greta,

I'm new here.  Just tried to setup my domain name and now my website is broken.  www.sipsleeves.com  I pointed the @ and CNAME to Shopify.. not sure what I'm doing wrong?

TY

Greta
Shopify Staff
1186 122 150

Hi, @nov8tiv!

Thanks for reaching out, and I apologize for the delay in my response. The site is working for me and I don't see any errors with the domain so it looks like it may have been sorted! If there's still anything you'd like me to help with I'd be happy to take another look.

Cheers!

Greta | Shopify