Solved

How do I hide the cart icon from the header/main menu?

MCArtstudio
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi. I need to hide/remove the cart menu from the top menu.

Possible caveat: It's Atlantic theme, which I purchased without knowing the distinction between Shopify originals and third-party themes in terms of support. I’ve reached out to the makers of Atlantic but they insist the task is beyond their ability and directed me here. I’ve already seen some solutions to hiding the cart icon on other posts here – adding custom codes at the bottom of Assets – but none have worked for me. Maybe it’s a third-party theme issue?

My site is already completed and launched. I hired a professional for it, which exhausted my funds. Efforts to convert the site to a free Shopify theme have been a disaster. Can anyone advise me on removing the cart icon under these circumstances? I’m out of ideas. Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3079 604 856

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @MCArtstudio ,

Add this css at the bottom of file theme.css

.tool-container .mini-cart-wrap {
    display: none !important;
}

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3079 604 856

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @MCArtstudio ,

Add this css at the bottom of file theme.css

.tool-container .mini-cart-wrap {
    display: none !important;
}

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
MCArtstudio
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, Guleria. First; I can't be sure but I may have carelessly clicked on "Report" instead of "Reply" a moment ago. If it transpires that is the case and it becomes an issue I do apologize, and will clarify my careless mistake with Shopify as need be. 

That poor show of gratitude aside, I appreciate your willingness to help. Greatly so, because your solution worked! The cart icon is now hidden on desktop and i-phone views, and presumably tablets as well. You have relieved me of much frustration, Thank You!

While I have your attention; Can you advise on how to format a schema around that code? At some future point I'll need to reintroduce the cart icon, and a schema identifying the precise body of code will benefit me (knowing where the code begins before its deletion is of particular concern). I expect there's a tutorial somewhere offering as much, but I figure it's worth asking given the above success.

Again, sorry about the Report/Reply thing. It's equally possible I'd falsely read the situation causing you unnecessary fuss. Should it prove otherwise, I will set the record straight through whatever means available.

Thanks again, Guleria.

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @MCArtstudio,

Please share your store URL so I can have a closer look.

banned