How long does "SSL Pending" take?

Solved
shanaazad
4 0 0

Hi Miles!

I launched my website 2 days ago and people were able to access it at the time. Now, it says SSL pending and they are unable to. My website is www.inheavenusa.com 

Could you please look into this for me? Thank you! 

0 Likes
DonalCrotty
1 0 0

Hi,

I have just tried transferring to an existing Domain "Lilbull.ie" and am getting a SSL Pending Notification.

Is there anything that I can do to speed up this process?

Donal

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 121

Hi @DonalCrotty!

When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. During that time, you might see an error that reads SSL Unavailable in your Shopify admin and you might see a security error in your browser when you visit your online store. Learn more about the SSL Unavailable error and steps you can follow to troubleshoot it. If it does take longer than 48 hours, I recommend contacting our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21. They'll be able to investigate what might be occurring and provide you with a fix.

Shopify provides SSL certificates to your store after your custom domain has been properly added. To improve security, SSL certificates encrypt your store's content and publish it securely using HTTPS instead of HTTP. You can find out more about how SSL works in this guide.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BMartin105
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

Ive had my Shopify store for about two weeks and purchased my domain through you all. My SSL says it’s still pending. Customers can check out, but I still want them to have a sense of security. I’ve obviously waited the 48 hours. What should I do? 

0 Likes
aboloqman
1 0 0

I have the same problem, I want help and a solution

SSL pending

0 Likes
thelashlook
2 0 0

Hi there,

I've just bought a domain for my shopify store. The domain is now connected but SSL is still pending. Just wondering, how long does SSL Pending take and if there's any way to accelerate this process as I need to meet my launch deadline? My website is www.thelashlook.store (it's still showing as Not Secure) and my domain is with shopify.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thelashlook

0 Likes