Solved

How long does "SSL Pending" take?

Christine_Wang
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi there,

I've transferred my shop from Etsy to Shopify and added my domain as well. The domain is now connected but SSL is still pending. Just wondering, how long does SSL Pending take and if there's any way to accelerate this process as I need to meet my launch deadline? My website is www.closetplanneraddict.com (it's still showing as Not Secure) and my domain is with Godaddy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

- Christine

Accepted Solutions (2)

Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Christine_Wang,

Checked your site and it's connecting securely with a valid certificate. It depends which verification method you choose. 

Regards,

Sam

View solution in original post

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Christine_Wang!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Glad to hear this one got resolved for you!

I also had a look to confirm everything was connected, but wanted to give you some more information just in case you need it in future.

When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. During that time, you might see an error that reads SSL Unavailable in your Shopify admin and you might see a security error in your browser when you visit your online store.

I'd also recommend this guide on SSL to help you understand a bit more about Shopify and SSL!

Have a great day!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 24 (24)

Not applicable

Hi @Christine_Wang,

Checked your site and it's connecting securely with a valid certificate. It depends which verification method you choose. 

Regards,

Sam

Christine_Wang
Tourist
8 0 4

Cheers, Sam. I just checked as well and you're right; it's now connecting securely. I panicked too soon. My mistake. 🙂

Thanks again!

Christine

irfanmn
Visitor
1 0 0

how about if our customer cant checkout? is it because ssl is still pending. My store is soulfitness.store

DonalCrotty
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I have just tried transferring to an existing Domain "Lilbull.ie" and am getting a SSL Pending Notification.

Is there anything that I can do to speed up this process?

Donal

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi @DonalCrotty!

When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. During that time, you might see an error that reads SSL Unavailable in your Shopify admin and you might see a security error in your browser when you visit your online store. Learn more about the SSL Unavailable error and steps you can follow to troubleshoot it. If it does take longer than 48 hours, I recommend contacting our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21. They'll be able to investigate what might be occurring and provide you with a fix.

Shopify provides SSL certificates to your store after your custom domain has been properly added. To improve security, SSL certificates encrypt your store's content and publish it securely using HTTPS instead of HTTP. You can find out more about how SSL works in this guide.

Thanks!

MarkoZido
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, can you please check my domain (I bought the Shopify domain "trotul.store"). The problem is that it says the domain is connected to web shop but I can see that it's still "SSL pending". Can you please provide some assistance? 

Thank you

Marko Žido
jet-jambo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, can you help me check my domain, it still pending ssl

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @jet-jambo! Welcome to Shopify Community!

I'd love to look into your domain. Can you please share it here? Additionally, can you please advise how long the SSL has been in a pending state?

We'll help you further once we have more information. Thanks! 

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Christine_Wang!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Glad to hear this one got resolved for you!

I also had a look to confirm everything was connected, but wanted to give you some more information just in case you need it in future.

When you add your custom domain, a new SSL certificate is automatically created. This process can take up to 48 hours. During that time, you might see an error that reads SSL Unavailable in your Shopify admin and you might see a security error in your browser when you visit your online store.

I'd also recommend this guide on SSL to help you understand a bit more about Shopify and SSL!

Have a great day!

Christine_Wang
Tourist
8 0 4

Thanks heaps Miles for the additional information and advice! 🙂 

Leahjsparks
Visitor
3 0 0

I am also having the same issue regarding SSL and it’s been more than 48 hours. My domain is LujoSkin.com

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Leahjsparks!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for letting me know you're having some issues with your domain.

I was unable to access lujoskin.com as well, so I've sent you an email so I can grab some more information from you. Could you please answer the questions I've asked in the email and we'll work together on what might be going on.

Thanks!

Tallpine
Tourist
3 0 1

I'd also like some help connecting my domain. My provider says he has completed all of the steps as directed, but I'm still getting the SSL pending signal after 4 days. I need some help so I can launch my store, thanks.

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Tallpine!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your patience with this one.

Assuming you've gone through the help guide I linked in my first reply, your next step would be to contact Shopify Support. As you haven't linked your website in this post, I'm not able to check the details of the page.

To contact our support team, first head to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions and log into your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic.

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help.

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available.

If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.

Thanks!

Mollydooker
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I also have the ‘pending’ status for @Mollydooker . Can you please advise how long this will take.. and confirm I do not need to purchase a SSL certificate from my Domain provide (i may have been conned 😏)

Thanks in advance!

BMartin105
Visitor
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

Ive had my Shopify store for about two weeks and purchased my domain through you all. My SSL says it’s still pending. Customers can check out, but I still want them to have a sense of security. I’ve obviously waited the 48 hours. What should I do? 

thelashlook
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

I've just bought a domain for my shopify store. The domain is now connected but SSL is still pending. Just wondering, how long does SSL Pending take and if there's any way to accelerate this process as I need to meet my launch deadline? My website is www.thelashlook.store (it's still showing as Not Secure) and my domain is with shopify.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thelashlook

shanaazad
4 0 0

Hi Miles!

I launched my website 2 days ago and people were able to access it at the time. Now, it says SSL pending and they are unable to. My website is www.inheavenusa.com 

Could you please look into this for me? Thank you! 

Abath
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi mines is giving trouble, just bought and changed my domain said its waiting on SSL ?

Marezy81
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Miles,

I have opened the shopify store almost a week ago. I had problem with my domain as it was saying that I need to delate A, and change AAAAand status was pending and needs attention. When I have changed all it pending only but wondering what is happening.

AleMar, domain is alemarfashion.co.uk

Many tahnks for help.

Kind regards

MarkoZido
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, can you please check my domain (I bought the Shopify domain "trotul.store"). The problem is that it says the domain is connected to web shop but I can see that it's still "SSL pending". Can you please provide some assistance? 

Thank you

Marko Žido

aboloqman
Visitor
2 0 1

I have the same problem, I want help and a solution

SSL pending

optizenapp
Shopify Partner
14 0 5

Hi @Christine_Wang

Glad you got it resolved. For others still seeing SSL taking a while, we see inconsistent completion on new sites, and does also depend on what registry you used when purchasing the domain. 

Sometimes it only take a few minutes, other time we've waited days. But it always completes.

OptizenAI ‑ AI SEO & Image Tools Update content at scale with controlled AI including SEO meta, images, tag page SEO and more!

Fosuhene
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, the same thing is happening to my website  http://urbankinxs.shop/

there seems to be an error when i click the link.