Solved

How to add a Price to a Custom product Field option

Brinley
Tourist
7 2 1

HI All

Just testing the water on Shopify with the aim of maybe moving across from my existing ecommerce platform.

My site offers of lot of personalisation which are by and large covered with Size & Colour attributes and the few new custom fields I have created from following the Product Pages - Get Customization Information For Products tutorial.

However there are a couple of custom fields I have created (example below) that have price associated with some of the selections. Is there a way of adding a price to an option with the custom field code and carrying it through to checkout? 

(I know there are plugins available but as there are only a few such dropdowns on a few products I would like to use custom fields.)

Much Appreciated

Brinley 

Brinley_0-1660845340016.png

Accepted Solution (1)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1002 1140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Brinley,

Custom fields can't add price and add it at the checkout page, you can only create products and create them as custom fields, when the customer selects 'custom fields', it will automatically add corresponding products.

It will be a complicated request and you need to hire experts for it, they will help you to edit it quickly. Refer group: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Ecommerce-Jobs/bd-p/shopify-job-board

Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1002 1140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Brinley,

Custom fields can't add price and add it at the checkout page, you can only create products and create them as custom fields, when the customer selects 'custom fields', it will automatically add corresponding products.

It will be a complicated request and you need to hire experts for it, they will help you to edit it quickly. Refer group: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Ecommerce-Jobs/bd-p/shopify-job-board

Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Brinley
Tourist
7 2 1

Thx for the response

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 44

Hi @Brinley,

I completely understand your concern about spending money on apps, especially when you have only a few products with custom options and extra prices. However, I want to emphasize the tremendous value and benefits that a product option app like Easify Product Options can bring to your store 🤗.

While your current issue of setting up custom options with extra prices can be easily addressed by the app, it's important to look beyond that and consider the broader picture. Here are some compelling reasons why investing in a product option app is truly worthwhile:

• Easily create unlimited custom options (while Shopify limits you to 3 custom options & 100 variants per product).

• Set up extra prices for any custom option you need.

• Display your options more attractively using various option types like Image Swatches, Color Swatches, Dropdown with images, File upload, and more (24 option display types in total). This can enhance the appeal of your pages and products, especially with a site that offers a lot of personalization.

• Implement tiered wholesale pricing to offer discounts for large quantity purchases, encouraging customers to buy more.

• Utilize conditional logic to manage the dependencies among your options. For example, customers can only select certain options based on their previous selections.

• Organize your custom options into collapsible groups, add text, tooltips, and help text to improve user experience.

Below is a quick demonstration of how you can use the app to set up your options with extra prices:

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1688106112805.png

You can explore more site demos showcasing extensive customization created with the Easify Product Options app here ✌️.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support
7Rock
Shopify Partner
12 0 3

We've used one such app on a client store for customizing their product page options, but I'm looking to switch to a different app. I'll check out Easify Apps as well to see if they can do things better. We have a second store that needs similar functionality.