Visitor
2 0 0

How to add an 'Agree To Terms And Conditions' Checkbox ? In craft theme

Replies 7 (7)

Elias
Shopify Staff
3010 294 521

Greetings, @Kvalmis.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

There are a couple of options that you can consider for adding a terms and conditions checkbox to your theme. If you're using a vintage theme, then you can follow our guide - Cart - Add An 'Agree To Terms And Conditions' Checkbox. However, if you're using one of our newer themes (eg. Online store 2.0), then this tutorial wouldn't be recommended for this customization.

Alternatively, an easier option is by using a third-party app, such as ROAR: Terms and Conditions Box or EZ Term and condition checkbox, which are both available for free. If you need any help with one of these apps, then the app developer is always available to assist you. Simply reach out to them directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

If you prefer adding a terms and conditions checkbox through custom coding, then you can see if the Shopify Community can share some insight on how to do this or you can consider hiring a developer to assist you with this. If you need help finding a developer for your store, then we'd recommend taking a look at our directory of certified developers on Shopify Experts.

I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community! I'd love to hear more about your business and share some resources to help you get started. What kinds of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RelentlessApps
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Thanks for the recommendation Elias 🙂

Our app previously known as EZ Term and Condition Checkbox is now RA Term and Condition Checkbox (Shopify made us change it)

Our app works with most themes out of the box. If you have any issues just send us an email and we can fix it.

RA Terms and Conditions Checkbox

RelentlessApps_0-1713791673683.png

RelentlessApps_1-1713791673598.jpeg

If my answer helps, please give it a Like 🙂

Relentless Apps

INA_MSWEB
Shopify Partner
1228 142 155

Hi @Kvalmis 

I hope you are doing good and welcome to the Shopify Community!

I am San from MS Web Designer.

You can add a third-party app.
https://apps.shopify.com/ms-agree-terms-condition 

You can get this feature from this app-
-Show the Terms and Condition checkbox agreement on your Product and Cart Page
-Show Terms and Conditions Checkbox with Popup or simple Checkbox mode
-Products & Collection Specific Terms & Conditions box on Product & Cart Page
-Supports Dynamic Checkout Buttons like Paypal, Appel Pay, G pay, Shop Pay
-Show / Hide terms and Conditions Checkbox on Cart based on added Products

Regards,

San

If it’s helpful to you, please mark it as a solution.  

Need Help with Shopify Design, Migration, Speed, or Custom tasks?  
email: hi@mswebdesigner.com
Try Our Conversion Booster app to get more sales | Connect Our Founder Linkedin

yoyurec
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

totall sht app - doing page freeze (ALL JS stops) for 4-5 seconds. on desktop... imagine mobiles.

no. thank you

KabirDev
Shopify Partner
248 61 68

I showed in this video https://youtu.be/smyIqWWuZvs?si=zTz323LuzUN9njXW how you can add a t&c checkbox in the Shopify cart without any app.

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- Contact me directly at shahriar@kabirdev.com
gracemay
Tourist
7 0 5

I have been looking for a way to create a required attribute on Shopify 2.0 for literally months. THANK YOU.

Weblatech
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi there,

Regarding your question on how to set up a tick box for agreeing to terms and conditions at checkout, we have a handy app called "AgreeBox" that does just that. It's specifically designed for Shopify stores and works seamlessly with Shopify Plus.

With AgreeBox, you can add a mandatory checkbox for terms and conditions acceptance right at the checkout. It's pretty user-friendly – you can drag and drop to position the checkbox either above or below on the checkout page. Plus, it can also record date and time of customer agreement for each order.

To get started, simply install the "AgreeBox" app from the Shopify app store. Here's the link for easy access: AgreeBox on Shopify App Store.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your store!

Shopify stores & Apps |
- Have we helped? Click Like to let us know!
- If your question was answered? Mark it as Solved.