How to add custom fields like Re-Enter Email, Re-Enter password etc to Account Registration form?

Solved

How to add custom fields like Re-Enter Email, Re-Enter password etc to Account Registration form?

paulson1
Explorer
60 1 2

Hi,

I am looking to add fields like Re-Enter Email, Re-Enter Password etc to Account Creation Form.

I could not find customer/register.liquid. All I can see is customer/register.json.

Within json I can only see

{
"sections": {
"main": {
"type": "main-register",
"settings": {
"padding_top": 36,
"padding_bottom": 36
}
}
},
"order": [
"main"
]
}

Could someone please tell me how I can add extra fields to this form?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
Brett_Helium
Shopify Partner
238 45 102

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @paulson1!

That definitely looks like the correct file and section of code, however I am not actually a developer and do not have any specific examples or guidance for coding something like this. If you need assistance, you may need to work with a developer directly, or may want to consider an app such as Helium Customer Fields for a solution which does not require editing any code.

Brett | Helium
Helium builds apps that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (350+ reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (280+ reviews)

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Brett_Helium
Shopify Partner
238 45 102

Hey @paulson1!

If you are trying to code this directly into your theme, you will specifically want to look for a file such as "main-register.liquid" although  it is possible that the exact name could vary depending on the theme being used.

Alternatively, you can also accomplish this without any coding necessary by using an app such as Helium Customer Fields, which allows you to build a custom registration form and includes pre-made fields for email confirmation and password confirmation, as well as lots of other field options.

Brett | Helium
paulson1
Explorer
60 1 2

Hi @Brett_Helium 

I can see main-register.liquid. I checked in the Dawn theme.

I can see the below code in the file -

<div class="field"> <inputtype="email"name="customer[email]"id="RegisterForm-email"{% if form.email %} value="{{ form.email }}"
{% endif %}spellcheck="false"autocapitalize="off"autocomplete="email"aria-required="true"{% if form.errors contains 'email' %}
aria-invalid="true"aria-describedby="RegisterForm-email-error"{% endif %}placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.email' | t }}"
>
<label for="RegisterForm-email">
{{ 'customer.register.email' | t }}
</label>
</div>

I was wondering whether you have any sample code which I can add here for "Re-Enter Email" field and compare the email ids in both fields to make sure they match.

Many thanks

Brett_Helium
Shopify Partner
238 45 102

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @paulson1!

That definitely looks like the correct file and section of code, however I am not actually a developer and do not have any specific examples or guidance for coding something like this. If you need assistance, you may need to work with a developer directly, or may want to consider an app such as Helium Customer Fields for a solution which does not require editing any code.

Brett | Helium
paulson1
Explorer
60 1 2

Hi @Brett_Helium 

I looked at Helium Customer Fields.  I was going to purchase the Lite Plan.

I noticed, it does not allow me to add additional custom fields.

I need to add a Tick Box called "I agree with Terms & Conditions" in the registration page. 

The text Terms & Conditions in the above should be a url. 

Is it possible to achieve it using the Lite plan. Just for this tick box going to Pro plan is not worth.

Thanks

Brett_Helium
Shopify Partner
238 45 102

Hey @paulson1, a terms and conditions checkbox would be considered a custom field and unfortunately would not be available on the Customer Fields lite plan.

Brett | Helium