how to change default sort on “All Products” to newest first

Solved

how to change default sort on “All Products” to newest first

Caidra
Excursionist
40 1 9

Hi All

I have an all products page (https://caidra.com/collections/all) where all products regardless of collection are listed. I would like this page to be defaulted to newest first. Changing it from within collections is not working as some collections are auto sorted to newest and others like featured collection are manual. I notice from a response from 2020 that this is not possible. But given that these seems like a basic ask, I am hoping this has been resolved by now.

Caidra_0-1666197942011.png

My store is www.caidra.com 

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solution (1)

Caidra
Excursionist
40 1 9

This is an accepted solution.

Possibly not the easiest solution - but I solved it with a workaround. I created an "All Products" collection and then hid that collection from my store navigation. I can now change the sort order for this collection to what I want without it defaulting to alphabetical. Hope it helps someone.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Caidra
Excursionist
40 1 9

This is an accepted solution.

Possibly not the easiest solution - but I solved it with a workaround. I created an "All Products" collection and then hid that collection from my store navigation. I can now change the sort order for this collection to what I want without it defaulting to alphabetical. Hope it helps someone.

RavenWolfRetro
Tourist
4 0 3

I tried this but it still does not sort properly except on the edit collection page

I did find a work around. Get the product view setup the way you want it then bookmark it and add that to your startup tabs so its loaded when you start your browser