How to change Powered by Shopify?

Solved
Valerius
Tourist
16 0 0

I customized the theme for my client https://hot-tent.com/ and replaced the "Powered by Shopify" in the footer with "Powered by UT24Agency".
Tell me please where to find this code in order to insert a link to my site. In which file can url be changed

Powered by Shopify.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3467 231 676

This is an accepted solution.

@Valerius wrote:

I customized the theme for my client https://hot-tent.com/ and replaced the "Powered by Shopify" in the footer with "Powered by UT24Agency".
Tell me please where to find this code in order to insert a link to my site. In which file can url be changed

{{ powered_by_link }} is a static liquid object there is no other code to "find" it is not a snippet or have specific sub properties. 

To have your own link replace it with your own html <a> tag.

The closest you can do to customize the powered_by_link is to modify the translation value in your themes language editor by searching for "powered"

What important thing did you learn this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
845 203 252

You could try replacing

{{ powered_by_link }}

with this

<a href="yourwebsitelink">Powered by Insert Agency Name Here</a>

p.s. Ensure not to paste the <a> tag within the curly {{ }} brackets.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Valerius
Tourist
16 0 0

Yes

111.png

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3467 231 676

This is an accepted solution.

@Valerius wrote:

{{ powered_by_link }} is a static liquid object there is no other code to "find" it is not a snippet or have specific sub properties. 

To have your own link replace it with your own html <a> tag.

The closest you can do to customize the powered_by_link is to modify the translation value in your themes language editor by searching for "powered"

What important thing did you learn this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

Hi @Valerius,

Great question. @PaulNewton hit the nail on the head here and removing it from the "Edit Languages" section of your theme is definitely the cleanest and most efficient way to remove "Powered by Shopify" from your theme footer. To get there you can take the following steps:

Store Admin > Online store > Themes > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Languages

It will look like this: 

28-32-uvdd3-0ujs1

You would just need to remove the wording add a space and then click save and it should be gone then. Let me know in a reply if you have any other questions about it!

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Valerius
Tourist
16 0 0

Thank you!