How to change "You can't add more [product name] to cart?

ColeSkory
Visitor
3 0 3

When there is not enough stock for the selected quantity and you try to add it to the cart, my store returns the message "You can't add more [product name] to cart". How can I change that? I am using the theme SPLIT. Thanks!Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.45.16 AM.png

Replies 8 (8)

Picchu
Tourist
7 0 0

I have this problem too.

MadHatter
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm wondering the same thing. I have the free Narrative theme. I found this other post that is trying to do what I want, but isn't answered completely either:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Add-current-inventory-quantity-to-quot-Too-many-items-...

Doooglas
Visitor
1 0 0

OK - go to:

Themes - and click the Actions dropdown

Choose "Edit Languages"

There's a horizontal menu starting with General - righht at the end there is ... to indicate more menu items. Click it.

Click on the 3rd one down - Checkout and system.

It's long page but about 90% of the way down you will find "Notices Cart" - and you can change the message in there.

Bon Chance!

LCVELEZ
Visitor
1 0 1

I tried this but the message I entered comes up as "error." How can you display the "count" in the message?

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3

Any news on this subject? I'd like to have my customers know how many they can add.

gilberttt
Visitor
1 0 0

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

Seashore
Excursionist
22 0 54

Hi, I'm looking to do the same thing, did you ever find a solution to this?

DaniAG
Excursionist
30 0 3

hi there, any news on this? I want to replace the error message with "quantity exceed available stock"... instead of showing as an error... I have customers asking why they can't add more..