How to create a menu from blog post tags

hellorowbaby
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm trying to add a menu to my blog page with all the tags of my posts so people can choose what they would like to read about. Is there a code I can add that would do this? I've gone through all the community posts and couldn't find an answer. 

Thanks! 

Replies 4 (4)

IRP
Tourist
7 1 0

I am interested on this too!! Any answer anywhere?

luxbags
6 0 0

I'm interested too! At the moment what I'm doing is not elegant but works.

1. Include a blog section on the main menu,

2. Create sub-menus under the main blog menu which are categories of the blog posts

3. Assign each blog post to a different blog

luxbags
6 0 0

It looks like this. url of my site: https://luxbags.fr. 

However I'd really love to create a horizontal menu bar on this page itself under the header section which displays the categories of the blog posts. 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.10.12.png

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @luxbags, thank you for the screenshot and the link to your store. It looks like you were able to add some images with links to your other blog posts since you made this post. I am so happy to see that! Feel free to share here what you did to create that so other merchants can give it a try. 

While you can custom code a secondary menu into the Blog section of your store, you may also be able to use the existing elements of your theme available. A menu link is just a hyperlink to another page. Hyperlinks can be created out of pretty much any element on your website, text, image, icons, etc. So checking if your theme has a section you can add to that page in your store is the first thing to check. The sections available will vary depending on your theme. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog