How to deal with a product variant that needs multiple options?

Solved
ScentsoryDreams
1 0 0

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I'm not the most tech savy person. 

I have a product variant that needs to be able to have multiple selections. 
Basically I have handmade products and I have a range of fabrics, some of my products can have say up to 4 different fabric choices. 
Is there any way that I can make this an option all on the same selection, or will they all need to be separate variants? 

Thank you, 
Lucy

0 Likes
Leo_SuperCo
Excursionist
17 1 2

Hello Lucy!

We understand that setting up variants may be confusing at times. And we would like to assist you. We want to clarify if you are referring to a product with multiple variants such as Fabric type, color, size, etc. 

• If you are then, this is a limitation on the Shopify platform; Shopify has a limit on the total variant per product. hence an application is needed to make this happen. You can try Infinite Options by Shoppad 
  • However, if you are referring to allowing your customers to create their own product by giving them options that will make their product customized, you will need a customization application: Product Options and Customizer by Product Customizer

You can check both apps and see which one will work for you or you can also share your website URL so we can check as well. 

Hope this helps!

On-Demand Shopify Design, Development & Administration Superco delivers agency quality for less than a freelancer. No agency retainers, no minimums, no management, just high-quality work, delivered on time and on budget.

Leo_SuperCo | superco.io

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1110 127 244

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @ScentsoryDreams 

We have a wide variety of product option apps in our app store that you can check out here. With that said, I've also compiled a few of my favorite options below:

Product Options Variant Option by YMQ

AOD Unlimited Product Options by Apps on Demand

Dynamic Product Options by ITORIS INC

Feel free to take advantage of their free trials and the app demos to get a better idea of which one suits your stores needs. I think you can't go wrong with either one of them! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes