Solved

Can I retrieve my expired domain purchased through Shopify?

Wrzose
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

Is there any way to get back domain that has been not renewed on time?

Last email I have got is that I can get my domain back but I have to contact my supplier. I have bought this domain with shopify. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

That is certainly something that I can look into for you. I'll have to look into some specifics on your account to see if I'm able to retrieve this domain for you which will require me to verify your account.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your forums account. If you could reply back to that email if that email is the account owner's email address. If it isn't then please CC them to this email thread and get them to reply. Once I have an email from the account owner then I'll be able to proceed with looking into this domain question to see if this is something that I can help you with.

I look forward to hearing back from you. If you don't see the email in your inbox please check your spam folder as it may have ended up in there.

Best

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 33 (33)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

That is certainly something that I can look into for you. I'll have to look into some specifics on your account to see if I'm able to retrieve this domain for you which will require me to verify your account.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your forums account. If you could reply back to that email if that email is the account owner's email address. If it isn't then please CC them to this email thread and get them to reply. Once I have an email from the account owner then I'll be able to proceed with looking into this domain question to see if this is something that I can help you with.

I look forward to hearing back from you. If you don't see the email in your inbox please check your spam folder as it may have ended up in there.

Best

Adiljaved
Tourist
3 0 3
Hi there, my shopify store was recently shut down by shopify. I want to have my domain back for which I paid. Please guide me how can I have my domain/credentials back so I can continue owning my domain? Thanks
Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, there

I have gone ahead and sent you an email as well. I have sent it to the email account associated with this forum's account. If you could reply back from the email that is the account owner's email on the store that you want to work on. From there I will be able to verify your store and work with you to get your domain back. 

If you don't see that email please check your spam folder as it sometimes shows up there, but if it doesn't please let me know here. 

DCW
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi I recently had to taKe a break from my subscription with shopify but since Ive logged back in I've had issues with retrieving my domain I bought through shopify or with reconnecting it to my store.

vybe
Visitor
1 0 0

hello, my subscription ran out, I have a domain from a third party i would like have back. Please help me recover my domain anyway possible thank you.

berg1
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there any way to get back domain that has been not renewed on time?
I wanna pay the annual fee of my domain and get it separated from Shopify please 

skudeals
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, our Shopify store, skudeals.co.uk, was recently closed by your compliance team due to the requirement for brand invoices. Unfortunately, we couldn't respond in time, leading to the closure of our account, including our domain, even though we acquired it through IONOS. It's concerning that the domain is now up for sale. Could you guide us on reclaiming our domain?

Nguyentrang2812
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi, My store is: calla-floral.myshopify.com I used my domain name (candlesbycalla.com) to create a free store for 14 days. The 14-day deadline has expired and I want to getting my domain back. Can you give me 01 more free day, so I can login my Shopify Admin and getting my domain back? Or can you help me getting my domain back for me? Thank you!
Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, @Nguyentrang2812 

I sent you an email in order to verify your account so we can proceed. Please let me know if you don't see it. If it's not in your inbox it might be in your spam folder. 

I look forward to working with you further. 

Kei-ena
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi there, i recently shut down my shopify store and now re-opened. I want to have my domain back for which I paid. Please guide me how can I have my domain back so I can start using it again. Thanks
Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

I'd love to see what I can do to help you out with this. I just have a few questioning orders for me to gain a bit of context. 

1. When did you purchase the domain 

2. Did you purchase it with Shopify or with another domain host? 

3. If it was purchased from a third party domain provider was it ever connected to a Shopify store?

4. What is your domain URL & myshopify.com URL? 

What that information I'll have a bit more context in order to help you out with this in more detail. 

mikimak
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I want to retrieve my domain from a previously owned store that was shut down, how do I do so?

Thanks!

vdisla
Visitor
1 0 0

can somebody help too i brought a domain in shopify and would like to recover how i do it?

bishtk
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Team,

I have recently got my store from the developer, however i am not getting the free 14 day trial now. Can you please help me get the 14 days trial or the domain back.

Regards,

Kamal Bisht

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

When a store is transfered from a partner to the merchant account owner (you) it is generally thought that the store is ready to launch. In that case the trial time is removed. I won't be able to add any trial time for you, but I would be more than happy to see what I can do to help you out with your domain.

You say that you're looking to get the domain back. Is it not connected to your store now? With a bit more information on this I would be happy to see what I can do to help you out. 

vannah32
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I connected my website domain to Shopify as I was considering using Shopify to build an online store. I decided to hold of on building this, I tried to disconnect my domain in the hopes my website would be up and running again. When that didn't work, I shut down the shop. Now I have zero access to my domain and it reads that the shop is currently closed. I didn't purchase my domain through Shopify, and I had already built a website and would like it be as soon as possible. Thank you

EnhanceLifeStor
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I want to retrieve my domain from a previously owned store that was shut down, how do I do so?

Jeffreyd
Visitor
1 0 0

Aloha, Super regret shutting down my store which has been for atleast a few months now, I was wondering if i could get my domain back.  thanks 

Connecd
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello ,

Anyway to get back my domain as well ? Or who can look for ? 

Onfesh
Visitor
1 0 0

I need my domain back..how can I resolve this? My email is onefleshorganic@gmail.com 

meralyncristal
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, 

Please help me get back my domain. I don't want to lose it. 

Thanks, 

Meralyn Martinez

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi all, thanks for joining the thread. 

Happy to help everyone understand the best next steps for retrieving domains. 

If the domain was purchased outside of Shopify, you will need to contact your domain provider directly. Shopify does not have control over renewal, or DNS settings for domains hosted outside of Shopify. If you had a domain connected to a Shopify store, but the domain was purchased outside of Shopify (for example, through GoDaddy), the best thing you can do is contact your domain provider directly (in this example, GoDaddy).

If the domain was purchased through Shopify, you will need to reach out to our Shopify Support team directly to find out more about retrieving your domain. Our processes have changed since Dallas first responded in this thread, and we are no longer able to provide account-specific support in the Community.

One thing to note, before contacting our team, make sure your domain subscription has not expired. You can check this by attempting to purchase your custom domain either through Shopify, or a third party hosting service. If your domain has fully expired, you will be able to purchase the domain again without contacting our team. If the domain is still not available to purchase, please reach out to our Support team for assistance as mentioned.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. In these cases, the more context you can provide, the better - such as where and when you purchased the domain, and what the exact issue is that you are having. Thanks!

NCS28
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the same problem. I need to get my domain back from a closed/suspended store. please help.

Thank you

Emelio
Visitor
1 0 0

I Am Experiencing This Same Issue I Have A Domain That I Bought Outside Shopify My Trial Expired But I Can’t Remove My Domain From Shop

PapiWata
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dallas,

I'm dealing with the same issue. I recently reactivated my store but the domain I had purchased for it is now gone. The last email I received regarding this issue instructed me to contact my supplier, which is Shopify. 
What are my options here?

AthAesApp
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello i am experiencing the same issue i need to recover a lost domain! Please help!

BeatriceIsabel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I have the same issue. Would you be able to help me out as well please.

Thank you,

Beatrice

electricitylawr
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Dallas, 

I will like your assistance with regards to retrieving my domain. I hope to hear from you soon. 

thank you.

bestseller12
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

i need to get my domain name back to use it on an other platforme 

thanks

Janhmr
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey, can you send me a email as well? 

I cant get my email back

Jjmorroww4
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there any way i can get my domain back from a non renewal?

Rizwan-Ahmed
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there, my shopify store was recently shut down by shopify. I want to have my domain back for which I paid. Please guide me how can I have my domain/credentials back so I can continue owning my domain? Thanks

Rizwan-Ahmed
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there, my shop store was recently shut down by shop. I want to have my domain back for which I paid. Please guide me how can I have my domain/credentials back so I can continue owning my domain? Thanks