Solved

How to host email account on Shopify?

paulson1
Excursionist
28 1 1

Hi,

I am planning to use myown domain name, purchased from third party for my Shopify Website.

I was wondering what is the best option to host the emails.

Does Shopify allow to create new email ids under my account in Shopify or can I use a third party hosting service to host all the emails?

Thanks,

Accepted Solution (1)

Katstormphoto
Tourist
10 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, you can use third-party email hosting services for your Shopify store, you have to because Shopify does not offer hosted email.

You have several options on how you can set it up depending on who your domain name provider is, it's just a matter of making sure your domain has the correct cname code. This page will give you a little insight on how to go about setting things up for email. https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/email-forwarding-and-hosting/email-hosting

First and foremost you will need to make sure that your domain name is verified with your email hosting provider by adding the proper TXT code to your Domain Name DNS file.

These directions will help if you utilize Google for email however using the same basic steps will allow you to setup email with just about any provider as long as you have access to your domain name DNS file file. I utilize a GoDaddy subsidiary for my email and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Katstormphoto.com

Capture the Beauty: Pursue Your Passion for Photography

Katstorm Photography
**Capturing Nature's Beauty**
High-Quality Cameras, Lenses, and Accessories

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Katstormphoto
Tourist
10 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, you can use third-party email hosting services for your Shopify store, you have to because Shopify does not offer hosted email.

You have several options on how you can set it up depending on who your domain name provider is, it's just a matter of making sure your domain has the correct cname code. This page will give you a little insight on how to go about setting things up for email. https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/email-forwarding-and-hosting/email-hosting

First and foremost you will need to make sure that your domain name is verified with your email hosting provider by adding the proper TXT code to your Domain Name DNS file.

These directions will help if you utilize Google for email however using the same basic steps will allow you to setup email with just about any provider as long as you have access to your domain name DNS file file. I utilize a GoDaddy subsidiary for my email and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Katstormphoto.com

Capture the Beauty: Pursue Your Passion for Photography

Katstorm Photography
**Capturing Nature's Beauty**
High-Quality Cameras, Lenses, and Accessories