How to mark Products InActive when sold out

TTMG
Tourist
9 0 1

Most of the products we sell are unique items that are not going to be restocked. Is there a way for items to automatically be marked InActive when it sells out?

Replies 3 (3)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @TTMG!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

From my experience, the best way to do this is by using automated collections to hide out-of-stock products from your customers. This can be done directly on your admin without the need of an inventory management app. We have a great step-by-step tutorial that goes over this, but you will essentially need to have inventory tracking enabled, and set a condition to your collection that removes a product once it is out of stock. 

You can also look to use some applications from the Shopify App Store. that allow you to automatically hide or delete products from your store when they're out of stock. If you have any questions about the apps, or need a hand setting them up, feel free to reach out to the developers directly as they could provide some more information.  

I'd also be happy to provide some additional value. Can you tell me a little bit about your unique items? What are the current marketing initiatives that you have planned? 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TTMG
Tourist
9 0 1

I was looking for the product to be instantly "Archived" which this solution doesn't solve. That being said this solution would still be helpful but I was having trouble getting our Facebook shop to read the Collection rather than the catalog. And in fact marking the product Archived didn't even remove it from the Facebook shop.

TTMG
Tourist
9 0 1

@Mac