how to remove shopify from my own domain

huberhu
Visitor
1 0 0

I have been testing shopify and occasionally connected it to my own domain. I have not purchased any plan or launched the store. Shopify has took over my website home page. Please let me know how to remove shopify control from my domain. So that I could put my previous webpages back. My web hosting is with GoDaddy. When I edit and publish own webpage in GoDaddy, it did not show on website. It still shows Shopify page. Feels bad.

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @huberhu,

It sounds like your domain is still pointing towards your Shopify store, so you'll need to edit your DNS settings to point it towards your GoDaddy store instead. Is your domain hosted by GoDaddy, or is it with Shopify? Or another third-party domain provider?

When editing your domain's DNS settings, the domain will point towards Shopify if the A record's value is Shopify's IP address (23.227.38.65) and if you have a CNAME record with the value "shops.myshopify.com". You'll want to change these to GoDaddy's values so they point towards your GoDaddy store instead; these values should be provided to you by GoDaddy themselves.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog