1 0 0

Is there any easy way to transfer gift cards between store

Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey @desaraev,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

While you can export Gift Cards to CSV, there is no way to import the gift cards to a second store. I completely understand the need for this, so I'm glad to submit this feedback to our development team.

If you have any more detail to share on why transferring gift cards between stores would be beneficial please let us know. Having more information on how this affects your workflow and business is really helpful when the developers decide on what features to change. I'm glad to submit any feedback to our development team. It's not an immediate and guaranteed solution, however, we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform.

Updates will be published on our Shopify Changelog page:

You can export your gift cards to a CSV file to view their details in a spreadsheet. This can be useful for reviewing information about outstanding balances, or for other records. If you export up to one page of gift cards (up to 50 gift cards), then the CSV file is downloaded by your browser. If you export more than one page of gift cards (51 or more gift cards), then the CSV file is emailed to you. If you aren't the store owner, then the file is sent to the store owner's email as well.

For further guidance have a read of our help guide below:

It is coming up to the busiest time of year for eCommerce businesses - Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This may be a great opportunity and time to think about Developing a Marketing Plan and checking out our designated BFCM page where we have compiled a huge number of resources to help make the most out of this time of year.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HilaB
Shopify Partner
47 0 4

Hey there!

I'm Hila from the Rise.ai team. 

Rise.ai is a gift card & loyalty platform, that among many other features allows you to create a customized gift card experience. 

When signing up to Rise, we offer a migration of your gift cards from your old platform free of charge in a really easy process. You can learn more about our gift card migration here

You can also visit our app page to learn more and get in touch with us!

Hope this helped!

Hila

c321vintiques
Tourist
8 0 3

I know this is an older ask of gift cards, but it's still not allowed to migrate.  I have sold one of my locations and created NEW Shopify store for new owner with all the data.  Got everything working really well but can't upload Gift Cards.  It's a big deal!  I thought I could manually enter each one like I did from a former migration, but The ID  that's downloaded for shopify created Gift cards with last 4 characters does not equal the scan code produced.  What in the WORLD?!   The scan code is not in the file.  And importing into another Gift/Loyalty App that produces another CODE that has to be sent to customer will not work either.  Many customers buy in own name and just give out, or no customer assigned at all.  This just seems like it would be such an easy export/import kinda thing, why isn't the scan code included?!?!?!?  Am I missing something????